• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BIO 5090/62 help

Reaction score
for the question about measuring the leaves I wrote all of the measurements in cm while they asked to give them in mm. out of 4 how many marks will I get? do they really care if the measurements are in cm aslong as the measurements are correct

Reaction score
These are the exact kind of things CIE checks, whether you are vigilant and careful. If lucky, you might get 2, but you can't get full, sorry.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I have made the exact stupid mistake and I fear I might lose all my marks but despite that, I will get an A, InshAllah.

Oh, and in Q4, it said Labal and NAME i) Chromosome, ii) Cytoplasm

So - did we have to name it as XX Chromosome and Granular cytoplasm ?

Reaction score

Unfortunately, I have made the exact stupid mistake and I fear I might lose all my marks but despite that, I will get an A, InshAllah.

We just had to label, on the diagram, the structures of a chromosome and cytoplasm. Not name them. 'Label and name' was in the context that label the structures with the name from i)chromosome ii)cytoplasm. Although if you've specified that, I dont think you'll lose a mark but I really can't be sure.

Reaction score
We just had to label, on the diagram, the structures of a chromosome and cytoplasm. Not name them. 'Label and name' was in the context that label the structures with the name from i)chromosome ii)cytoplasm. Although if you've specified that, I dont think you'll lose a mark but I really can't be sure.

your right :)

it was name in the case like this "(XX)---------------> CHROMOSOME"

thats what i thnk they meant when they said name it!! :D

Reaction score
In the question related to the nervous system, in which we had to fill the table averaging the result of the student's correct responses I think the answers were 9.75, 8.25 and 6.25 but I wrote them rounded to the nearest whole number i.e 10, 8 and 6. Will this cause deduction in marks for me or will I still be able to score a mark or two in it? I think the table was for 3-4 marks.

Reaction score
In the question related to the nervous system, in which we had to fill the table averaging the result of the student's correct responses I think the answers were 9.75, 8.25 and 6.25 but I wrote them rounded to the nearest whole number i.e 10, 8 and 6. Will this cause deduction in marks for me or will I still be able to score a mark or two in it? I think the table was for 3-4 marks.
The mean is supposed to be an accurate figure, no matter how much decimals are involved. But since you got the method of calculating the mean right, you might get 1 or 2/4.

Reaction score

i wrote both...i wrote like 9.75 (is approx = 10)

Reaction score
Can please someone tell me about the measurement that we were supposed to draw for granules ?
people are saying that we have to draw on 80 % of the paper which is around 6 cm something, but i draw 4 cm for the diagram, will i get any masks? also i draw he small middle part not the whole granules? plz plz reply soon

Reaction score
Can please someone tell me about the measurement that we were supposed to draw for granules ?
people are saying that we have to draw on 80 % of the paper which is around 6 cm something, but i draw 4 cm for the diagram, will i get any masks? also i draw he small middle part not the whole granules? plz plz reply soon
* t

Reaction score
i don't think using a pencil to fill tables is allowed :/

You have to draw the diagram atleast twice the actual size o_O My maginification was round about x900

btw, in the last part of the first question. What did we have to write on how to extend the experiment? Did we have to mention the starch test or what? o.o

Reaction score
i don't think using a pencil to fill tables is allowed :/

You have to draw the diagram atleast twice the actual size o_O My maginification was round about x900

btw, in the last part of the first question. What did we have to write on how to extend the experiment? Did we have to mention the starch test or what? o.o
Hey did you draw the whole diagram of granules? well i draw only the middle part which was inside the granules?? mine magnification was around 390mm something!!!

Reaction score
i drew that oval shaped storage granule, not just what was inside it o_O? and wow, most of my friends had a magnification of x700+ , but then again, we could be wrong..

Reaction score
i drew that oval shaped storage granule, not just what was inside it o_O? and wow, most of my friends had a magnification of x700+ , but then again, we could be wrong..
which color you wrote for food test!!

Reaction score
The mean is supposed to be an accurate figure, no matter how much decimals are involved. But since you got the method of calculating the mean right, you might get 1 or 2/4.
you are supposed to convert the mean in whole number, your marks are deducted if you leave it in deci form
i did this mistake too (n)

Reaction score
i drew the big one with the small one inside..
the image length was 40-45mm i guess, i dont remember exactly
the drawing length was 80mm, so yea my drawing was twice the size of image
and my magnification was 800 something :)