• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BIO 5090/62 help

Reaction score
So was the question Misprinted?!.. God Give us Free marks if it was!..
no it wasn't , there might be limiting factors. maybe CO2
its not necessary that leaves in sunlight should be bigger than in shade , NOT ALWAYS .

Reaction score
So was the question Misprinted?!.. God Give us Free marks if it was!..

maybe as the leaves that were in the shade were not getting enough sunlight, they adapted to that condition and developed larger leaves as to provide a greater surface area for light absorption.

Reaction score
you are supposed to convert the mean in whole number, your marks are deducted if you leave it in deci form
i did this mistake too (n)
Nah, mean is exact. Of course, you have to round off if its a continuous decimal but in case of 6.25 and such, it has to be left off like that. Plus, I saw something like this calculation in a mark scheme(sorry, don't remember which year) and it wasn't rounded off.

Reaction score
Nah, mean is exact. Of course, you have to round off if its a continuous decimal but in case of 6.25 and such, it has to be left off like that. Plus, I saw something like this calculation in a mark scheme(sorry, don't remember which year) and it wasn't rounded off.
if thats true , im going mad .

Reaction score
It was to show the effect of light on development so maybe we can put a plant in dark or variable light intensties and compare the growth..
maybe but they did not ask for change in this experiment..they rather asked how to EXTEND!! :D

Reaction score
Suggest ways to extend the experiment?
I wrote
Starch Test
Varying Light intensities
Trying the experiment with more leaves. :/
what did you guys write?
Variable light intensities and greater range of leaves..

Reaction score
urrrggghh! u guys are scaring the hell out of me ... i did the same decimal thing and it doesnt matters because the examiner ant us to be accurate ...+ in the first question just to make my work look neat and clean i entered the data with pencil ......hope fully that doesn't matter too..guys its C.I.E not punjab board that u right the whole page with clean writing and still get nuthing ..the C.I.E council just examines the intellect of the student ..they grant u marks without any strictness..

Reaction score
Its just an extension I guess :S
no if ulook in to the past papers..the same kind of question are being asked every year and the correct answer to that is that u have to take more samples to take out the average out of it ...this is just the outlining ...you were suppose to write it in a ful practical form ...

Reaction score
Guys What i remember of the question, The first Line stated that a students is trying to investigate the WIDTH OF THE LEAVES!.. Starch test and light intensities dont help in the leaf width!...

Reaction score
Hey guys in the leaves question(about extending it)... I wrote that since we were focusing on the development of the leaves in dif. conditions we can perform it using other factors such as magnesium,nitrate and calcium ions......Is this right? :confused::unsure:

Reaction score
Guys What i remember of the question, The first Line stated that a students is trying to investigate the WIDTH OF THE LEAVES!.. Starch test and light intensities dont help in the leaf width!...
hey yeah you're right.....what did you write??
:eek:

Reaction score
Nope
It was about the development of leaf and not width!

Reaction score
Hey guys in the leaves question(about extending it)... I wrote that since we were focusing on the development of the leaves in dif. conditions we can perform it using other factors such as magnesium,nitrate and calcium ions......Is this right? :confused::unsure:
ahan ! it can be right too......in atp u just need to write what according to u it could be...its more like they are giving marks on our observation ...and every one thinks differently ...i wish i could ask the C.I.E council that what they really do with the grading stuff...

Reaction score
hey yeah you're right.....what did you write??
:eek:

i guess we had to write as to how to extend the experiment to further investigate the Width of the leaves, and that too shows the Development and growth of leaves!
I wrote to keep the same Plant in their designated conditions (one in sunlight and the other in shade)
give them same external conditions ie water, minerals ion and abundance of air!
leave them for a few weeks to grow and then take leaves again from them to investigate further! And Dont pick all the leaves,, leave a few behind!