• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Bio AS P2 Oct/Nov 2013

Reaction score
Not sure... I didnt sit for your variant. I sat for P23. I think to produce antibodies is only if they used plasma cells instead of epithelial cells.

Reaction score
Not sure... I didnt sit for your variant. I sat for P23. I think to produce antibodies is only if they used plasma cells instead of epithelial cells.
What about my other answer? Ie so that from one cell two daughter cells are produced with same number of chromosomes.. the question was of two marks..

Reaction score
I guess its fine to score at least a mark... but dont quote me. I dont really know the full question... and i dont even know the correct answer

Reaction score
I wrote: so that from one cell two daughter cells are produced with same number of chromosomes.. I also wrote for production of antibodies... Blah blah.. does it make sense?

As far as I am sure it should be identical cells are produced so that no mutation occurs. Cell division by mitosis occurs for repair as epithelial cells are somatic cells.

It was 3marks right? so 3points for 3marks :)

Reaction score
As far as I am sure it should be identical cells are produced so that no mutation occurs. Cell division by mitosis occurs for repair as epithelial cells are somatic cells.

It was 3marks right? so 3points for 3marks :)

wsince mutation has no role to be plyed with identical cells........because it can happen at any time without dependance on mitosis,,,,,,,,,basically mitosis means the PRODUCTION OF IDENTICAL CELLS,,,,,,i also wrote just two point..........one for repair of tissues,,,secondly gennetcally identical in terms of that they do not undergo meiosis 2n to 1n ...not relating it with mutation and thirdly for manufacturing of new cells

Reaction score
wsince mutation has no role to be plyed with identical cells........because it can happen at any time without dependance on mitosis,,,,,,,,,basically mitosis means the PRODUCTION OF IDENTICAL CELLS,,,,,,i also wrote just two point..........one for repair of tissues,,,secondly gennetcally identical in terms of that they do not undergo meiosis 2n to 1n ...not relating it with mutation and thirdly for manufacturing of new cells

yeah.. same thing