• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

bio help

Reaction score
when we have to make graphs in some question what goes in the x-axis and what goes in the y-axis
some one told me independant goes on x-axis and dependant on y-axis but how do you distinguish between them

Reaction score
its simple...............independent is the one who does not depends but goes on like time..........but activity n such things which depend on time etc is called dependent.........:D

hope i made my point clear.......

Reaction score
our teacher told us this:
The independant variable is one that I control.
for example there is something i wanna test, the variable that i will change to see the affect it has is the Independant variable.

and the variable that is affected by the independant variable is the Dependant variable.
other variables in the exp are to be controlled.
and yeah the independant variable goes on the x axis
get it? 8)

Reaction score
The distance between the two needle points was then noted.
The procedure was repeated at 5 cm intervals from the finger tip.

So seeing this i can say that the independant variable ( the one im controlling is::) the 5 cm interval from the finger tip. so thats gna be on the x axis
and since it says that the distance from the 2 needle pts was NOTED.. SO!! its the dependant variable. this will be on the y axis

get it?

Reaction score
awesome94 said:
The distance between the two needle points was then noted.
The procedure was repeated at 5 cm intervals from the finger tip.

So seeing this i can say that the independant variable ( the one im controlling is::) the 5 cm interval from the finger tip. so thats gna be on the x axis
and since it says that the distance from the 2 needle pts was NOTED.. SO!! its the dependant variable. this will be on the y axis

get it?
thanks