• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

biO mCqs !!!

Reaction score
Options B and C are eliminated the moment we see them, SO we are left with A and D, look at the shape of the curve in D, It is such an irregular curve, which is also increasing after it showed some decrease, it can never be such way (increases after it decreased) when we talk about an "inhibited reaction" which is non-competitive means, that incresing the concentration of substrate would not affect the curve shape, yes, this curve might be for a competitive one (rate increases if substrate conc is increased) . SO option A bests suites our knowledge and the information provided
P.S, always eliminate such curves from your answer

Reaction score
btw...if its competitive then initial rate would match initial rate with no inhibitor !!! though some time later

Reaction score
it s non competitive inhibition!! not competitive ... so da rate of reaction is not only slowr but ll level off earler
y do u think its D?!
its easier if u can xpln ur logic so dat v could work out wats wrong with it... ur logic i mean?! :)

Reaction score
^I don't think it's A, Because that'll mean denaturing the enzyme completely, but it does mention that the removal of 3 restores the activity of the enzyme, which means it's a competitive inhibitor
I'll go with D

Reaction score
aquariangurl said:
^I don't think it's A, Because that'll mean denaturing the enzyme completely, but it does mention that the removal of 3 restores the activity of the enzyme, which means it's a competitive inhibitor
I'll go with D

Ah, that's right! I'm so stupid. :X
Yeah, I think D too, now.