• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BIO P2-HOW DID IT GO????

Reaction score
Zohaib please tell us your answer for that you're like our marking scheme lol... Geez Im so nervous...

Reaction score
Ok i'll provide a checklist of major points:

-HIV enters the body, antigens are detected by T helper cells that attach to them and release cytokines
-T killer cells produce antibodies, B-Lymphocytes attach to the antigens and make antibodies
-Mitotic division takes place to increase the number of antibodies
-The cells that are attacked by the virus release histamines
-Again stimulating the Lymphocytes to produce antibodies specific to the antigen
-Cells in the lymph nodes for example display the antigens for the lymphocytes to detect them
-Memory cells are produced on second exposure though complete immunity is never achieved as HIV start destroying the immune system

Any 5.

Reaction score
-There was positive correlation to some extent + data
-Though there are exceptions to it for example (data)
-Hence, the conclusion of the student is true to some extent.

Reaction score
Hey...i have this minor query, kind of odd but i need to make sure...for the antibody question i wrote an overlong answer going beyond the given lines to describe my point so will the examiner continue to check it or cut marks for that? my writing is big man:-S
apart from that i wrote
"Upon invasion the macrophages engulf the pathogen and digest them with the help of lysosomes. they display the antigens on there cell surface membrane so B-cells recognizing them divide and produce plasma cells with antibodies to destroy pathogen. they also divide to form memory cells which on another invasion of the same pathogen would result in a quicker secondary response by immune system. The T-cells also divide to form cytotoxic cells which release toxics that kill infected cells. The T-cells also aggravate the phagocytosis and furthermore divide to form memory and suppressor cells which produce antibodies for secondary response and gradually terminate the immune response respectively."

people how much will i get out of 5?

Reaction score
and what should the answer be for the secondary and tertiary structure? question was for 5 marks

i wrote for ...secondary:"the amino acids are linked together with peptide bond. they also have alpha- helix and beta pleated sheets.

tertiary: the amino acids have ionic, covalent, hydrophobic and hydrophylic interaction between them which give the protein its specific 3-D structure. it also consists of disulphide bridges. tertiary structures have more than one polypeptide chain.

is it right?

Reaction score
what about the question of
vaccination p2 first variant
really the exam wes too easy but i lost 3 marks :( but no problem gd luck to all with paper 3 practical