• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Bio paper/42

What would be the minimum marks required for A in bio/42 ?

• Total voters
Reaction score
yeah well i've been thinking on it, it doesn't matter whether you chose it dominant or recessive it's still going to give you the same results.

The gene for NF was dominant. The cross we were supposed to make was with a heterozygous person with NF (Nn) where 'N' is the NF allele and 'n' is a normal allele, with a homozygous normal person (nn). The result in the f1 generation would be Nn and nn, 50% of each type.

Reaction score
The gene for NF was dominant. The cross we were supposed to make was with a heterozygous person with NF (Nn) where 'N' is the NF allele and 'n' is a normal allele, with a homozygous normal person (nn). The result in the f1 generation would be Nn and nn, 50% of each type.
Oh crap.
Apparently, I put nn for the affected parent and Nn for the unaffected parent :p

Reaction score
I chose Pencillin part for the last question. Wasnt confident of answering worth 8 marks for plants lol. Also remembered couple of advantages and all.

My friend did a crazy silly mistake. He also chose the pencillin question. But he confused PENCILLIN with INSULIN. So he wrote about gene technology instead of Fermentation. *epic facepalm*