• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Bio Papr 22 discussion

Reaction score
guys there were a lot of questions in which we were supposed to suggest..scoring in them can smetime be relly hard!!

Reaction score
I agree with pioneer...lots of suggestions can be very tricky in answering...it was a fair paper but i dont want to say its too easy

Reaction score
it was pretty hard.. for question number 1. where is the site of protein modification ?

Reaction score
It was actually kinda easy el7 .. But what's with the tricky suggestions ? I didnt notice .. Any examples?

Btw for the immunity question when it said why would the vaccinated person not get the disease again .. We only had to explain secondary immune response about memory cellsas far as i knw , so why was so much space n marks given?? What else was supposed to be included in the answer??

Also what factors affect Malaria distribution in the world other than tropical climate? 4 points were needed ..

Btw protein modification occurs in the Golgi Apparatus.

Reaction score
well any examples like the 3 rd statement that plasmodium falciparum stays inside the RBCS and liver cell..state its significance in controlling malaria????

well for malaria there were many factors...
1 malaria is common in tropical countries because there r humid conditions and high temperature in these regions both contrubuting to the development of anophele mosquitoes....2 vaccination against malaria is not effective as plasmodium falciparum is an eukaryote has many genes thus mutates and chage its surface antigens
mosquitoes has become resistant to pestisides tht have been used aginst them eg DDT
there r antibiotics for malaria as plasmodium is protoctists...

Reaction score
so in question number 1. what is the sequence and where does it take place for each statement ?

Reaction score
Thanks :D I guess I'll get 2 points out of 4 for that .. :S Unless presence of Sickle Cell Anaemia in certain places would be counted as one of the factors. What do you think?

And yeah what did you put for the significance of Plasmodium infecting the liver cells and RBC's ?? I just explained the concept of concealment so antibodies cannot reach the parasite, but idk how that has to do with controlling it :p :S

Reaction score
where did sickle cell anemia came.???...hey in tht malria control i wrote a drug tht quickly acts on pathogen should be used because it also wrote tht it remain blood fr shrt tyme...and i also wrote tht antibodies cant recognise antigens inside the body as a gernal cmment...
protiens r modified inside golgi....and guys A was used twice nah???? in 1st question

Reaction score
ok The one before was herd immunity because the unvaccinated children would never come into contact with an infected person as there was a country wide veccinaion..

Reaction score
that paper was easy as a pie........the cie has a pattern in the type of questions they ask........once ur used to it...it all becomes easy.......