• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology 12 discussion

Reaction score
noo it was symplast pathway as it was enterng through root hair cells in to the xylem..

Reaction score
symplast...:)
umm....what abt that que. abt xylem nd phloem? was it diffusion, osmosis nd massflow or what?

Reaction score
i read apoplast somewhere..so i may b wrong..anyway..i wrote all three..in both xylem and phloem...all diffusion, osmosis and massflow!!

Reaction score
The answer is symplast as the question mentioned that the water molecules are from the vacuole. So in order to osmosis to another neighbouring cells, the water molecules have to pass through the cell membrane, thus symplast .

Reaction score
ideggkr said:
Talha said:
dude r u sure it was 1 2 3.. i wrote also dis but many ppl sayin it was 1 nd 3 ..

Yes obviously due to broken elastin,

alveoli are unable to expand and recoil properly.

If you imagine alveoli expanding less, they would be more distant away from capillaries surrounding them.

The answer would be 1 and 3 . The capillaries are attached DIRECTLY to the wall of the alveoli, a reduction in expansion will not affect the diffusion distance.

Reaction score
imissknow2 said:
ideggkr said:
Talha said:
dude r u sure it was 1 2 3.. i wrote also dis but many ppl sayin it was 1 nd 3 ..

Yes obviously due to broken elastin,

alveoli are unable to expand and recoil properly.

If you imagine alveoli expanding less, they would be more distant away from capillaries surrounding them.

The answer would be 1 and 3 . The capillaries are attached DIRECTLY to the wall of the alveoli, a reduction in expansion will not affect the diffusion distance.

Well I'd rather rely more on what doctors say.

Reaction score
Hey, im a 5th year med student. I take the CIE every 2 years as a gauge so i can better tutor my students. Anyways, i will confirm with my prof again :)