• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology AS Edexcel Unit 3

Reaction score
then just RELAXXXXX..IF YOU DID ALL PP. AND CAN EASILY IDENTIFY THE VARIABLES AND LIST HOW TO CONTROL THEM and have a clear idea about each practical of the nine practicals(many suspect that MITOSIS experiment will be the one in this exam) but dont rely on that,make sure you know every step done and why was it done..AND UR CLEAR ABOUT RANGE BAR(variability), ERROR BAR, SDs, mode ,median, mean, outliers, correlation,causation, reliability, validity,accuracy systematic errors and random errors, ethical,social environmental and economical issues, bibliography (reference) . YOU JUST HAVE TO RELAXXXXXXXXX..and dont wrry no hard work goes in vain! GOOD LUCK
could you please name the 9 practicals

Reaction score
could you please name the 9 practicals
1. EFFECT OF CAFFIE ON HEART RATE OF DAPHNIA
2.VITAMIN C content in fruit juices
3.effect of temp and alcohol on the permeability of the cell membrane using a beetroot as it has a colored pigment inside the vacuole and cytoplasm
4.enzymes...temp. ph. con.of enzymes. con.of substrates
5.OBSERVING MITOSIS
6.tissue culture and totipotency
7.antimicrobial properties of plant extracts
8.strength of fibre
9.investigating plant minerals deficiency

Reaction score
1. EFFECT OF CAFFIE ON HEART RATE OF DAPHNIA
2.VITAMIN C content in fruit juices
3.effect of temp and alcohol on the permeability of the cell membrane using a beetroot as it has a colored pigment inside the vacuole and cytoplasm
4.enzymes...temp. ph. con.of enzymes. con.of substrates
5.OBSERVING MITOSIS
6.tissue culture and totipotency
7.antimicrobial properties of plant extracts
8.strength of fibre
9.investigating plant minerals deficiency
ok thanks, so i studied them, i know how to draw the graphs, i know all about bibliography, i know everything about the SDs. So what else should i study or memorize?

Reaction score
so
can you tell me explain me the social, economical and environmental implications?
Social; to do with lifestyle and well-beings of others, generally a point about raising awareness or homes (Society itself)

Ethical; to do with the right of something,ex, discarding embryo's is unethical

Environmental; To do with biodiversity and nature

Economical; to do with money

Basically they would ask you an implication from the article. You would just have to pick one of the above according to the piece of text :) hope that cleared something up

Reaction score
Umm i really don't know i asked myself the same question....maybe to kill any bacteria but that doesn't make sense :S if u knew the answer plz tell me at any time :)
to remove the adhesiveness of the cell (stickiness) to segregate the cells to be more clearer

Reaction score
Guys.. when drawing a graph, I'm always confused on how to draw the line of best fit! I noticed that most markschemes say that its fine to just join the dots in biology though.. Do you think it's like that with every graph? Would I be risking a couple of marks if I just join the dots?

T19

Reaction score
Guys.. when drawing a graph, I'm always confused on how to draw the line of best fit! I noticed that most markschemes say that its fine to just join the dots in biology though.. Do you think it's like that with every graph? Would I be risking a couple of marks if I just join the dots?
no it is okay to join the dots always

Reaction score
just use a ruler when joining two 'dots'

Reaction score
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MICROMETER AND EYEPIECE GRATICLE CAN BE USED IN MEASURING THE PHASES OF THE CELLS??...
As far as I know a micrometer is used to measure very small lengths (eg of a piece of wire) so I don't see it relevant here. :(

Reaction score
no it is okay to join the dots always
Thank you! Also, what experiment would you use for the " Effect of enzyme concentration on rate of reaction" Cause different resources ive seen explain different experiments.

T19

Reaction score
Thank you! Also, what experiment would you use for the " Effect of enzyme concentration on rate of reaction" Cause different resources ive seen explain different experiments.
in this exam the question already tells u the procedure and then asks about it so u don't need to know he rarely asks to write the procedure
good luck
hope that helped :)

Reaction score
i phoned the british counil but they said we dont have any password to provide you with. Could you plz take a screen shot of the documents and just paste it here. PLEASE
what documents? I haven't got mine yet. They said I will get it during the exams, so just wait and ask them in mid May or next month perhaps. Tell them you need a username and password for online results.

T19

Reaction score
what documents? I haven't got mine yet. They said I will get it during the exams, so just wait and ask them in mid May or next month perhaps. Tell them you need a username and password for online results.
last year they distributed it in the middle of the exams and even if u don't get your pin u can see your marks in your school :)