• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology AS P11 Discussion...

Reaction score
I think 24 hours passed already ...... So we can discuss it
1- The light microscope and electron micrscope comaprison ????
2- The Vascular bundle question which cell.... is less negative than .......... ???
3- Haemoglobin Question ?
4- Bacteria and antibiotic question ??
And what is the threshold for A for this paper .................

Reaction score
Emmm idk if i m rite or wrong but thats wat i did
1- low low high high..option D
2- i did option A ..i dont remember wat A exactly was but i did A
3- A
4- it was sumthng like all the bacteria developed resistance...dont knw which option dat wss...

Reaction score
And the gt shuld be very low...it shuld atleast b around 29 bcause i think this was the toughest paper till nw

Reaction score
sweetyrox said:
3- A
4- it was sumthng like all the bacteria developed resistance...dont knw which option dat wss...

I've chosen those answers also, expect for the Enzyme thing, I did it D. Are you sure it was A?

As for the Water Potential, A was "Water potential in X was less Negative than in Y" (where X was the Xylem and Y Phloem).

Reaction score
sweetyrox said:
Romeo10 said:
Romeo wat did u do in the questions u were asking??nd wat do u think the gt wuld be??
i did like u in the microscope question but in the Hb question i did different .. i think C :S
and the Vascular Bundle i did Cell 3 ( xylem ) less negative than 1 or 2 i dont remember which is beside xylem not phloem
and the bacteria quest i did D which bacteria 5 will not become resistant neverr !!

Reaction score
Romeo10 said:
sweetyrox said:
Romeo10 said:
Romeo wat did u do in the questions u were asking??nd wat do u think the gt wuld be??
i did like u in the microscope question but in the Hb question i did different .. i think C :S
and the Vascular Bundle i did Cell 3 ( xylem ) less negative than 1 or 2 i dont remember which is beside xylem not phloem
and the bacteria quest i did D which bacteria 5 will not become resistant neverr !!

I am afraid to tell you that the Hb question cannot be C, because in the last field it said it carries up to 4 Oxygen ATOMs, a Hb carries 4 MOLECULEs/8 ATOMs

Reaction score
that's right!! The answer to the Hb question is A....oNLY That row was right!

Reaction score
MidoTheHawk said:
sweetyrox said:
3- A

I've chosen those answers also, expect for the Enzyme thing, I did it D. Are you sure it was A?

As for the Water Potential, A was "Water potential in X was less Negative than in Y" (where X was the Xylem and Y Phloem).
Hyy which enzyme ques r u tawkin bout??? And wat was da answer ov dat ques....mAss before hydrolysis and after hydrolysis....and and which cell has da most single walled structures??

Reaction score
sweetyrox said:
MidoTheHawk said:
sweetyrox said:
3- A

Hyy which enzyme ques r u tawkin bout??? And wat was da answer ov dat ques....mAss before hydrolysis and after hydrolysis....and and which cell has da most single walled structures??

Sorry, meant the Hb question, It should be A, I made it D.

As for the Mass before Hydrolysis question, it should be A, the one which increased 25g from 30 to 55.
and the most single walled structures will be in The goblet Cells, they have a high secretory activity and thus needs alot of Golgi Bodies (Single Membraned).

Reaction score
@ midohawk.....hhmm...are you sure about the hydrolysis ques...i did A..but i think in A da mass was being decreased by sumthing like 25 30... and bout the goblet cells.....see they need the most amount of energy to release mucus so dat means they hav many mitochndrias and mitochondrias are double walled ya???

Reaction score
sweetyrox said:
@ midohawk.....hhmm...are you sure about the hydrolysis ques...i did A..but i think in A da mass was being decreased by sumthing like 25 30... and bout the goblet cells.....see they need the most amount of energy to release mucus so dat means they hav many mitochndrias and mitochondrias are double walled ya???

Yes, it is A. the one with 25 difference.

and about the goblet cells, Yes they need alot of Mitochondira, but they also need alot of Golgi Bodies, if we look on other choices, I do not remember anything else that might fit.

Reaction score
toughest paper :(
this year all my papers were horrible :cry:
all very tough from maths to biology