• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BIOLOGY ATP????

Reaction score
could anyone help me out with magnification?! what are the formulas?... and when to multiply the factor given?

Reaction score
could anyone help me out with magnification?! what are the formulas?... and when to multiply the factor given?
If for e.g it is asked to find the magnification by drawing it first and the magnification of the original is given then the formula is:

Length of drawing (mm)/length of original(mm) Xmagnification=magnification of your drawing

Reaction score
O/n/11 paper62 2(a) (i) what would be the equivalent length of the specimen?... do we need to divide it by 0.75?

Reaction score
SORRY!! its actually o/n/10 paper 62 2(a)(i).............. seriously saying.... u seem like an angel to me at this moment.... could u check this out too? :)

Reaction score
SORRY!! its actually o/n/10 paper 62 2(a)(i).............. seriously saying.... u seem like an angel to me at this moment.... could u check this out too? :)
What I inferred from this question was that we had to draw the radicle and plumule structure (the one inside this seed) and the pointed edge is the plumule while the broader id the radicle...inside them is the small embryo which is also supposed to be drawn
Then measure the length of your drawing and actual length of the radicle and plumule only.

(Actual/drawing) x7.5= Magnification.

Reaction score
What I inferred from this question was that we had to draw the radicle and plumule structure (the one inside this seed) and the pointed edge is the plumule while the broader id the radicle...inside them is the small embryo which is also supposed to be drawn
Then measure the length of your drawing and actual length of the radicle and plumule only.

(Actual/drawing) x7.5= Magnification.

*Applause*..good job!! :D

Reaction score
so if the given image is 78mm..... my drawing is 100mm.....what would be the "total length of drawing" and "equivalent length of specimen"....... and wat would be the magnification?
THANX IN ADVANCE!!....... i'm sure mere ruh ka duwa ap tak pohoch chuki hai :)

Reaction score
i know bio paper has gone it was awesome but i wanna confirm that IS IT IMPORTANT TO TAKE THE MEASUREMENTS IN (mm)??????????

Reaction score
in question 3(the one about food tests) did v have to write in conlcusions that very small amount of reducing sugar was present or was it sufficient just to write reducing sugar present? same question for the protein's one cz it turned pale purple so was it fyn just to write proteins present?

Reaction score
i guess u had to right small amounts in both :D ...still it can be confirmed further !!

Reaction score
in question 3(the one about food tests) did v have to write in conlcusions that very small amount of reducing sugar was present or was it sufficient just to write reducing sugar present? same question for the protein's one cz it turned pale purple so was it fyn just to write proteins present?
yes it is fine.