• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Guys need help.... In LOCK and KEY hypothesis which is lock and which is key...... Give reference with the enzyme and substarte.....

Reaction score
Guys need help.... In LOCK and KEY hypothesis which is lock and which is key...... Give reference with the enzyme and substarte.....
The Lock is the Enzyme and the key is the Substrate ..
E.g: Protease "Enzyme and lock": act's on the Protein(substrate ) and Form's a Lock and Key Hypothesis and Convert it into Amino acid :)

Reaction score
The lock and key model simply explains the specifity of enzymes for the substrate.
The enzyme is the "lock". It has a particular shape (the active site) and only one particular molecule will be able to fit the shape (i.e. will be complementary to it).
Thus the substrate is the "key" which can unlock/fit the enzyme.
Since the substrate has to "fit" in order for the enzyme to work on it, it can only catalyse specific reactions. This gives specifity to the enzyme action.
Hope that explains it. :)

asd

Reaction score
why do they balance by 4 (both iron ions)
Complete equation is : 4Fe+2 + 4H+ + O2 ---> 4Fe+3 + 2H2O
And why did they balance both iron with 4? That's because in ionic equation you see the overall charge on both sides. The total +ve charge must be equal to total -ve charge.

Reaction score
Aaaaah, damn. Would I get a mark if I wrote 'reducing sugar present—maybe in small amount'

;_; why did I write 'maybe'!?!?

& for the nervous response question, did the mean numbers have to be rounded up to the nearest whole number?

Reaction score
Aaaaah, damn. Would I get a mark if I wrote 'reducing sugar present—maybe in small amount'

;_; why did I write 'maybe'!?!?

& for the nervous response question, did the mean numbers have to be rounded up to the nearest whole number?
for maybe, "maybe" u will get the mark :p!! just kidding, i am sure that the examiner will reward u a mark for recognizing the factor of small amount.

i rounded them up, but wrote both of them, the non-rounded and the rounded figures, though the marking schemes have not been released so anyone could be right.

Reaction score
in AC generator and DC motor..:)
in a.c motor carbon brushs r not used...split ring commutator is used....in DC motor carbon brush is used to chnge diretion of current every half turn so tht coil rotates is same direction..!!!