• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Q) explain difference between an allele and a gene ?
a gene is the unit for inheritance and allele is the different forms of genes for example...Hair is a gene
and Brown hair, black hair blonde hair, etc are alleles..:D

EDIT : Hair Colour is the gene not Hair....LOL

Reaction score
Ok v.v important:
i need three to four points of why mother's blood is not continuous with the fetal blood? 2 points i know are:
  1. the difference in pressure
  2. difference in blood group(all that co-aglutination and stuff

so tow or at least one more point!
some substances in the mothers blood can kill the fetus or are harmful to the fetus (CO, nicotine)

Reaction score
Ok v.v important:
i need three to four points of why mother's blood is not continuous with the fetal blood? 2 points i know are:

This question can hardly be of 4 marks, thus two reasons with explanation are enough! The 2 reasons you know are the only included in book. So you are good to go

Reaction score
Ok v.v important:

- the mother's blood may be carrying some disease which can be transferred to the fetus whose immune system is not yet fully built up.

Reaction score
(a)J: epidermal cells
K: Spongy Mesophyll cells
J is cuticle
sarcastic_smile.gif
..see carefully!

Reaction score
Sorry its actually part c....
c) i) 03 00 : N (because it will be night time [3 a.m.] and the stomal pore will be close.
ii) 19 30 : O (because that will be like early in the morning[7 a.m.] so the sun is not at its full height so stomata will not be fully open but it will be open a little bit.

get it?

Reaction score
c) i) 03 00 : N (because it will be night time [3 a.m.] and the stomal pore will be close.
ii) 19 30 : O (because that will be like early in the morning[7 a.m.] so the sun is not at its full height so stomata will not be fully open but it will be open a little bit.

get it?
Thanks alot for the help....

Reaction score
Why it would be N PLZZZZ need help with this why.... Shouldn't it be M ...
nope it CANT be M
look at 03:00
there is no light and no need for gasoues or any exchange so it will be almost close

and at 19 30 there will be little or no photosynthesis so almost the same but a little bigger

Reaction score
.ii) 19 30 : O (because that will be like early in the morning[7 a.m.] so the sun is not at its full height so stomata will not be fully open but it will be open a little bit.
?
If you don't mind its 19 30 (7 p.m) right ..... Thanks for the help anyway....