• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
What is the color of the transition metal oxides:
a) white
b) black
c) colorless
d) yellow
they are never white or colorless. they are coloured. copper oxide is black. so maybe the answer is black. i have never seen any yellow metal oxide. iron oxide is brown in presence of water due to it's fe(3+) ions it's not it's own color i guess.

Reaction score
Hello, can anyone explain me mcq 4, 5, 6 from oct nov 2012 paper 11 of o level physics 5054...............
plz n1

Reaction score
why is it that ppl seem to b ignoring evrythng i post :-o
coz u r invisible!
just jocking, they will definately be helpful. sometimes igcse questions get reapeated in o level. there're smthings extra in physics like diffraction of light. but overall it is gud for o level preparation

Reaction score
ahh atlast! thnkiees man!! the xtras in physics r in igcse or in o levels?
in igcse. whenever u see something in chapter of waves that looks unfamiliar leave it. my teacher advised me to do igcse papers.
chemistry sir says me that he has seen some 2009 igcse question repeated in o level paper.

Reaction score
guyzz i need the marking scheme of october/nov 2012 papers physics,chemistry nd bio....................so plz tell me the website on which they must be available .

Reaction score
I need help with AC Generator...In o levels physics, what are the main things I need to learn about the AC Generator, because basically I am not getting the concept of it for a very long time now and I would rather prefer just learning the content..So please tell me the main content points I need to grasp for success. Do I need to have some knowledge or do I have to give some reference about a DC generator....Please help me. It's really urgent!
DC generator is different. AC gen. is simple, a coil is moved or a magnet within a fixed coil is moved for change in magnetic field lines cut on the wire and since the lines move further a waveform current is produced with forward (max.) and reverse(min.) direction. note: for a moving coil a "slip ring" is necessary to use for current output to get carried.

Reaction score
In chemistry what are the rules to be followed for writing electronic configuration (give examples)
the meaning of enthalpy change in terms of exothermic and endothermic reaction
good notes on air and water

In physics what are the conventions and symbols in signs symbols and systematics association for sci. education, 2000
differences between magnetic, non-magnetic and magnetized materials
meaning of the terms, live, neutral and earth
explain the use of fuses and circuit breakers and fuse ratings and circuit breaker settings
description of experiment to show the force on a beam of charged particles

reply as much as you can...

Reaction score
Can anyone help me answer Question No. 3 in the Biology paper of June 2006? Any help is appreciated. :)

Reaction score
Can anyone help me answer Question No. 3 in the Biology paper of June 2006? Any help is appreciated. :)

What help do you want in this ! it looks a straightforward Plant reproduction question !
I wonder if u are talking abt P1 or P2, well im talking abt P2 ! :p

Reaction score
What help do you want in this ! it looks a straightforward Plant reproduction question !
I wonder if u are talking abt P1 or P2, well im talking abt P2 ! :p
Oh i think we've got it mixed up :p I was talking about the ATP paper.