• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
i still dont get it. total moment is sum of moment. there are two forces(although they have same magnitude and direction but they are different) so why u take only one? i must ask my teacher. Saad Mughal please explain, u r gud at explaining.

Reaction score
i still dont get it. total moment is sum of moment. there are two forces(although they have same magnitude and direction but they are different) so why u take only one? i must ask my teacher. Saad Mughal please explain, u r gud at explaining.
Definition of Moments: Moment is the turning effect of a force.
Here the turning effect of the force is equal at all points, the coil is rotating with equal turning effects all the time.
The two forces are given to confuse you. Its like considering this on a pivot, the two forces are at the same distance with the same force so the overall moment will be the distance * force simply. Hope you understand.

Reaction score
Definition of Moments: Moment is the turning effect of a force.
Here the turning effect of the force is equal at all points, the coil is rotating with equal turning effects all the time.
The two forces are given to confuse you. Its like considering this on a pivot, the two forces are at the same distance with the same force so the overall moment will be the distance * force simply. Hope you understand.

and most last question?

Reaction score
hmm.. but u never know. i read in examiner report that most of the candidates were confused by which factors affected strength of electromagnet. next year they gave more than 3 questions relating to the same thing. they said in 2008 that most candidates were unfimiliar with rotating magnet generator. in s11 they gave a question regarding that.
they try to trick us.