• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Please somebody briefly tell me the colour changes in oxidising and reducing agents in our syllabus. Thnks.......
POTASSIUM MANGANATE(7) BECOMES POTASSIUM MANGANATE(3) : (OXIDISING AGENT ) PURPLE TO COLOURLESS

POTASSIUM DICHROMATE(6) BECOMES POTASSIUM DICHROMATE(3) (OXIDISING AGENT) :ORANGE TO GREEN

POTASSIUM IODIDE (REDUCING AGENT) (IODINE IS PRODUCED) COLOURLESS TO BROWN

SULPHUR DIOXIDE (REDUCING AGENT)

Reaction score
https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/attachments/untitled-png.24391/
It isn't specified so it'd be for a normal eye. The m.s however, is referring to a short sighted one.

Ok i know what they are saying. Two rays from the same point of an object meet only on the retina. But in this question, one ray is from the bottom of the object and the other is from the top. They would without a doubt intersect each other before forming on the retina. See this diagram and you will understand.
http://cnx.org/content/m42482/latest/Figure_27_01_02.jpg
Ray 1 and 2 are from the same point and they only meet on the retina. But when one if from the top and the other from the bottom, they will converge before the retina, as you can see in the diagram

Reaction score
Ok i know what they are saying. Two rays from the same point of an object meet only on the retina. But in this question, one ray is from the bottom of the object and the other is from the top. They would without a doubt intersect each other before forming on the retina. See this diagram and you will understand.
http://cnx.org/content/m42482/latest/Figure_27_01_02.jpg
Ray 1 and 2 are from the same point and they only meet on the retina. But when one if from the top and the other from the bottom, they will converge before the retina, as you can see in the diagram

Oh that intersection!! *facepalm*
Ms was right aftertall. :p

Reaction score
In the phenomena of echoes, why are echoes not heard forever? Is it b/c whenever the sound hits a a surface, energy is lost? Can someone please give the complete answer?

Reaction score
Apparatus is given so I'll just provide the procedure.
-Pour water on the cloth and wet it.
- Tie the cloth to the side of the beaker using the string.
- Place the thermometer in the beaker.
- As time passes, the reading on the thermometer decreases.
- The decrease in reading is because of evaporation which causes cooling (you guys know why).
Conclusion: When we sweat, our body is at high temperature, the sweat in normal conditions evaporates causing cooling and maintaining a constant body temperature.
Hope that helps. :)

Thank you so much :)

Reaction score
i get the point that hydrogen will be produced more in quantity than oxygen. BUT; that doesnt ake it twice as much. twice as much will be there only when there is water. but we have sulphuric acid too and it produces equal amounts of h+ ions and OH- ions. lets say 1 unit each. and then v have 2 units of hydrogen and 1 unit of oxygen. that makes 3 units of hydrigen and 2 units of oxygen. which isn't the double :-/

4OH- ----> 2H20 + O2 + 4e-
for the same 4 electrons
H+ + 4e- ---> 2H2

So hydrogen volume double as moles doubled at rtp