• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
th
In biology, transmission of nerve impulses through neurons is sometimes defined as conduction of nerve impulses :)
thank you!but i think it has another meaning,because in some table in an old past paper,they were talking about red blood cells and we had to chooose whether they would conduct or not,even in the syllabus it says we have to know that xylem vessels are used for conduction :S

Reaction score
part b. marking scheme says liquid around anode goes brown. wont there be bubbles of a colourless gas(oxygen from OH-)?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
th
thank you!but i think it has another meaning,because in some table in an old past paper,they were talking about red blood cells and we had to chooose whether they would conduct or not,even in the syllabus it says we have to know that xylem vessels are used for conduction :S

Basically, conduction refers to the movement of material, for example xylem vessels conduct water and mineral salts. It would be alright to say that phloem conduct glucose, sucrose, etc. Although I haven't read that oxygen is conducted by RBCs. It could be true as well. We have only MCQ paper ahead. It would be sufficient to know that conduction refers to transmission ;)

Reaction score
LOL :D I meant to ask if this process takes place by diffusion or active transport?
lol none of them,you are confusing yourself,this process takes place because all parts of the plant needs glucose for respiration,so just to transport it it needs to be converted by sucrose for the sake of translocation

Reaction score
this is the conduction question im talking about...so you saying that the conduction can refer to different things?

Attachments

• 20130519_133208bio.jpg
    20130519_133208bio.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
Reaction score
yeah its of bromine because for anode is affected by the -ve of electrolyte you would write the -ve thing for the substance of electrolyte