• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
but wont hot water denature the enzymes in the microbes? i still dont get q40. what two distinct groups of offsprings? how do a heterozygous and a homozygous recessive produce two clearcut offsprings? their ratio will be 1:1 so theyre either tall or short...is that it?
hot water may not be that hot and C is absolutely correct
in 40 the height increases then decreases then increases so those are the two distinct groups
read the graph u dont have to deduce yourself as they're no mention of heterozygous or homozygous

Reaction score
hot water may not be that hot and C is absolutely correct
in 40 the height increases then decreases then increases so those are the two distinct groups
read the graph u dont have to deduce yourself as they're no mention of heterozygous or homozygous
tall and short are the two distinct groups? plus its a bar chart so it has to be discontinuous variation right? does hieight always have both discontinious and continuous variation? under what circumstances is there only one type of v?

Reaction score
tall and short are the two distinct groups? plus its a bar chart so it has to be discontinuous variation right? does hieight always have both discontinious and continuous variation? under what circumstances is there only one type of v?
bar chart is not always discontinuous. there is variation even in the groups short and tall
depends on height its not always continuous.what is v?

Reaction score
Ohms Law:
"the current flowing in a metallic conductor is directly proportional to the potential difference applied across its end, provided that the physical conditions (such as temperature) are constant "...hence V proportional to I .....and V = IR...where R is a constant (resistance of the conductor)

Thanks
the image formed by the lens in camera is: i) real ii) inverted iii) diminished
Ans: B
My doubt might seem a little idiotic but when i look at an image in my camera it is not inverted

Reaction score
So now.... the answer to the phy MCQ as to what happens to the voltmeter and ammeter readings if the filament in lamp 1 broke..... is that..... Ammeter reading decreases and voltmeter reading increases.... those of you who did it wrong...... Join the club!! :p

the answer was ammeter increases voltmeter decreases....

Reaction score
I so wanted to believe that it was current increases and voltage decreases.
Thing is when the filament breaks, the current takes the path of the voltmeter. From what i have read online, they are saying voltmeters have EXTREMELY high resistance. So, the ammeter reading is bound to decrease if that is correct :cry: The other logic that current decreases because it can't flow is perhaps wrong. but it worked for them

Reaction score
I so wanted to believe that it was current increases and voltage decreases.
Thing is when the filament breaks, the current takes the path of the voltmeter. From what i have read online, they are saying voltmeters have EXTREMELY high resistance. So, the ammeter reading is bound to decrease if that is correct :cry: The other logic that current decreases because it can't flow is perhaps wrong. but it worked for them
Exactly...... but the voltage increases.... also search it online, coz it is directly to the battery now, so it has a higher potenial difference across it now!!

Reaction score
Exactly...... but the voltage increases.... also search it online, coz it is directly to the battery now, so it has a higher potenial difference across it now!!
voltmeter almost completely blocks the current. You have to remember that voltage is also dependent on current. When there is such a low current, the voltage would decrease too. Still, i am not sure

Reaction score
voltmeter almost completely blocks the current. You have to remember that voltage is also dependent on current. When there is such a low current, the voltage would decrease too. Still, i am not sure
Your concept is not clear.... i actually had to learn it from an electrical engineer to get it too :p
What "potential difference" means is that in the two wires connected an appliance(neutral and live), there should be a difference in voltage....... and as one side was connected directly to the power supply, that wore was at higher potential and the other at 0V(since, like u said current would not pass)....... so it basically gets the maximum p.d!!

Reaction score
Your concept is not clear.... i actually had to learn it from an electrical engineer to get it too :p
What "potential difference" means is that in the two wires connected an appliance(neutral and live), there should be a difference in voltage....... and as one side was connected directly to the power supply, that wore was at higher potential and the other at 0V(since, like u said current would not pass)....... so it basically gets the maximum p.d!!
hmmmmmmmmmm, I am still not clear. Still, let's hope it is decrease both, at least you guys will get the mark ;)