• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
If we are asked to determine the focal length in Physics ATP, are we supposed to place the unit like 0.14m etc?
Yes it is a must. Infact, there is always one mark reserved for the unit. The unit is to be determined accordingly to the given fig.
Also, if we have calculated a really long value, and since we cannot write the long value, to how many sf do we round it to
for example, i have calculated a value to be '9.7668930'. What should be my final answer?

Reaction score
Yes it is a must. Infact, there is always one mark reserved for the unit. The unit is to be determined accordingly to the given fig.
Also, if we have calculated a really long value, and since we cannot write the long value, to how many sf do we round it to
for example, i have calculated a value to be '9.7668930'. What should be my final answer?
I determine the rounding off part from the question too. Like you are given some results and asked to calculate average and write answer to suitable number of sig fig. I take as much as mentioned in the results. It's always correct.

Reaction score
I determine the rounding off part from the question too. Like you are given some results and asked to calculate average and write answer to suitable number of sig fig. I take as much as mentioned in the results. It's always correct.
For physics, they don't really tell you as to how many sf. During my mocks, most of my marks were deducted for this
btw. if I have a no. ' 8.768', and i round it to 3 sf, then will my answer be ' 8.77' or ' 8.76'?

Reaction score
For physics, they don't really tell you as to how many sf. During my mocks, most of my marks were deducted for this
btw. if I have a no. ' 8.768', and i round it to 3 sf, then will my answer be ' 8.77' or ' 8.76'?
That would be 8.77, I guess.
Ask the Maths masters here. :/

Reaction score
how do you write ionic equations, i mean i looked it up in the book but i didnt get it, can anyone explain it to me please. in an easy manner, because im dumb.
Write out the aqueous solutions into ions and if they appear in both sides of the equation cut them simply.

Na+ + Cl- + OH- + H+ ----> Na+ + Cl- + H2o

So we will cut the na and cl parts and leave the H20,OH and H as H2o is liquid and not in aqueous form