• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Did any one of u draw dotted lines on graphs just to show the value acquired to the examiner or did u just read the value frm the graph directly and wrote it down as an answer

Reaction score
gview
HELP IN Q 16. IF ANYONE HAS NOTES ON EFFECTS OF THESE ON REASCTIONS. PLZ PROVIDE ME
gview
KINDLY HELP IN Q 8 AND 9. the ANS ARE C ND A. plz explain

Reaction score
the ans is C. plz explainView attachment 42367

CuSO4 + Zn --> ZnSO4 + Cu

Oxidation is increase in oxidation state, Loss of Electrons
1) Zn ions have Oxidation state +2 which is greater than zero of Zn Atoms. SO4 has -2
2) Zn ions have ox state +2 as protons (+ve charge) are greater in number than electrons (-vs charge) so that means in comparison to Zn atoms they have lost 2 electrons.

Remeber it like this:
Oil Rig - Oxidation is loss, Reduction is Gain of Electrons

or
GOLEH - Gain Oxidation Loss Electron Hydrogen - Oxidation
LOGEN - Loss Oxidation Gain Electron Hydrogen - Reduction.

Reaction score
Did any one of u draw dotted lines on graphs just to show the value acquired to the examiner or did u just read the value frm the graph directly and wrote it down as an answer
I didnt though i made indication of values on axes by a small line.But it doesnt matter cuz the er and ms say examiner to check the candidates graph and in any case our values were correct so it wouldnt make much of a differnce

Reaction score
I didnt though i made indication of values on axes by a small line.But it doesnt matter cuz the er and ms say examiner to check the candidates graph and in any case our values were correct so it wouldnt make much of a differnce
In any case it,s just a mark reserved only for correct answer;so I don't think there wud be any problem in not drawind dotted lines or any indication of tht or does it?
plus the grid is small and squares big so it allows easy reading .wht do u think

Reaction score
Second last question is also noticeably similar to w07 chm ppr : D

Reaction score
I wrote 29.8 and 24.9 instead of 9.8 and 4.9
Technically they must be right because 29.8 is the maximum rise of the temperature.

I also halved the volumes because the invigilator said Time's up. Panic :(

I, too, halved the volumes.
If i only had one more minute to read that part, i could have understood that volumes must be the same.
But the invigilator came and started snatching the paper away. .-.