• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Biology (5090)/5090_w12_qp_12.pdf
Got 36. :(
Can someone explain the first MCQ?
The process controlled by cell memebrane is osmosis, hence the second point and option C, how is that A?
I also chose C but i guess they meant controlling and since active transport involves controlling the inflow of ions while osmosis doesnt involve any control or energy so it would be A.This was really tricky though

My 1000th post :D

Reaction score
I also chose C but i guess they meant controlling and since active transport involves controlling the inflow of ions while osmosis doesnt involve any control or energy so it would be A.This was really tricky though

My 1000th post :D
Too bad I can't delete my post and then post again :D
Hey in the same paper, can you explain 25

Reaction score
Too bad I can't delete my post and then post again :D
Hey in the same paper, can you explain 25
Its C i think cuz if there are more smokers b4 1950 it would mean more deaths as these people would slowly die and the effects of decrease in smoking would only take place after the rest of smokers had died and after that there is a drop correlating to the drop in smoking.

Reaction score
Meray maths ko underestimate nahi karna, kitni dafa bataya hai. -.-
:p
35- (B) Gender, Blood Group, Sickle Cell are all discontinous.
47- (B) It's Tt so it's confirmed that there's an allele T and an allele T.
55 - (D) Location of gene is same on chromatids. But genes have alternate forms also called as alleles which may be different or same.
59- (C) From the ER "There are two distinct groups of offspring, such as in the cross of a heterozygous tall strain of pea with a
homozygous short one. The groups are separated by 21cm. Within each group there is continuous variation."
63- (C) Same as above.
64- (B) You cant observe ratios properly in small number of offspring.
can u plz explain what is allele?