• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Some people wrote Drink A and some drink C. Only Cambridge can decide which one is correct. But but but, if your explanation supports your choice you will get marks for it. Like for the explanation.

Reaction score
Some people wrote Drink A and some drink C. Only Cambridge can decide which one is correct. But but but, if your explanation supports your choice you will get marks for it. Like for the explanation.

Who said that?
How can the explanation for the wrong drink be justified in relation to hot weather?

Reaction score
Not in a mood to write explanations for both the choices. If you're satisfied with your answer well and good but its for those who were confused between the two choices. If your reason supports the drink you chose you will get the marks :)
Its ECF which can sometimes also apply to these subjective questions like if candidate has written this in first then if the reason supporting is correct the marks will be awarded.

Reaction score
Exactly even I wrote drink C! but the people who wrote A they're also giving logical reason. So im not sure. But thats what my teacher said. Well depends on the cambridge now

I don't think anyone is giving any logical reasons for A.
The graph clearly showed that the three drinks had different water contents.
A produced the most urine. C the least.
That means the water content of A was the most.
And C had the least water content.

Now, coming to the question.
They asked which drink should be avoided in VERY HOT WEATHER.
Very Hot weather = Increased Sweating = Increased water loss = Can lead to dehydration.

So in such a scenario, drinks with high water content should be consumed, to keep the water levels of the blood constant.

There is no reason to consume, Drink C, which will not provide sufficient water to combat the Very hot weather.

Simple fact; Increase fluid intake, in Hot weather. That's what doctors say.

Reaction score
I wrote A first and then was confused through out the paper. So in the end crossed the whole thing and wrote C. Over all the paper was technical, but Alhamdolillah I'm happy with how my paper went.

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is giving any logical reasons for A.
The graph clearly showed that the three drinks had different water contents.
A produced the most urine. C the least.
That means the water content of A was the most.
And C had the least water content.

Now, coming to the question.
They asked which drink should be avoided in VERY HOT WEATHER.
Very Hot weather = Increased Sweating = Increased water loss = Can lead to dehydration.

So in such a scenario, drinks with high water content should be consumed, to keep the water levels of the blood constant.

There is no reason to consume, Drink C, which will not provide sufficient water to combat the Very hot weather.

Simple fact; Increase fluid intake, in Hot weather. That's what doctors say.

Yes absolutely. Let's see what happens

Reaction score
With drink A you drank 1.5 dm³ and the urine released wws 1.3 dm³ so dehydration is a very valid point mere khayal se