• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
The question about EXPANSION.

I wrote Solids expand Largely less than liquids.
And Gases expand largely more than liquids.. Something like that. Both of them weren't ''Slightly''.. :/
I wrote the same. Do they expand slightly? I mean if you heat up water in a pan and a block of wood in the other, do they expand by the same amount?

Reaction score
I wrote the same. Do they expand slightly? I mean if you heat up water in a pan and a block of wood in the other, do they expand by the same amount?
i wrote the same :D
not wood i guess, we should take some compound or element. and they dome expand *equally* infact there is *some* slight difference.

Reaction score
i wrote the same :D
not wood i guess, we should take some compound or element. and they dome expand *equally* infact there is *some* slight difference.
No, I disagree. They have very different expansions, if even they don't I hope they do have. :p :(

Reaction score
Because there's a large difference in expansion of both.
is this a reason? :ROFLMAO:
u r saying like solids expand largely more than liquids Because there's a large difference in expansion of both :p
i myself dont have any proof, but i was just asking if u do :D

Reaction score
How much?

Very less. The expansion in solids is not even that noticeable, i think.
But i did Largely less.. :/

Maybe it was slightly. .-.

But their are strong forces of attraction between solid molecules, and the particles already have limited vibration movement, their expansion is limited.
The liquids on the other hand, like Alcohol, mercury can keep on expanding..

Reaction score
Very less. The expansion in solids is not even that noticeable, i think.
But i did Largely less.. :/

Maybe it was slightly. .-.

But their are strong forces of attraction between solid molecules, and the particles already have limited vibration movement, their expansion is limited.
The liquids on the other hand, like Alcohol, mercury can keep on expanding..
Exactly. I hope it's 'largely' :(

Reaction score
is this a reason? :ROFLMAO:
u r saying like solids expand largely more than liquids Because there's a large difference in expansion of both :p
i myself dont have any proof, but i was just asking if u do :D
No, no that's not the reason. But they do have different expansion. I gave you the reason heating wali. :|