• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
U mean MCQ C ....r u sure it was not D tht is 3 only coz my friend put up a valid point tht it sasked for a changes tht wud provide both these(catalyst does not incr conc) and tht there was a similar question abt it in past pprs...I chose C(wht u said) coz o the reasons u also thought wud make C the answer
It was D
Catalysts do not increase the yield. They only increase the rate of reaction by lowering the activation energy

Reaction score
the wording of question cud be interpreted in either ways...Like for choosing C
we had to identify thoses changeS tht wud increase both rate and yield...
So choosing D wud mean tht 3 is the only option where as we cud use catalyst and pressure rise to overall increase both factors.
So in this context D is partial answer and wud be incorrect..
But if I were to go with D..then there is wht u said..Oh the ambiguity
Was D; Only 3
If it was not, then the answer is not D
The answer basically was ' only 3'

Reaction score
the wording of question cud be interpreted in either ways...Like for choosing C
we had to identify thoses changeS tht wud increase both rate and yield...
So choosing D wud mean tht 3 is the only option where as we cud use catalyst and pressure rise to overall increase both factors.
So in this context D is partial answer and wud be incorrect..
But if I were to go with D..then there is wht u said..Oh the ambiguity
I agree,i interpreted it your way,but now i see awesome has a valid point too....it was ambiguous since they didnt state both...

Reaction score
The answer was 'Only 3'
I don't exactly remember whether it was D or C?
I see you're right!!
What was the ans for mcq asking about which doesnot react sumthing like that and had option zinc hydroxide.
Was it nitrate one??