• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
these points will come:
-cut open anther with scalpel
-add dye to pollen grains eg: iodine solution or methylamine blue
-sandwich some pollen between cover-slips
-hold cover-slips together by elastic bands
-make sure there are no air bubbles by lowering cover-slips at angle/remove any air bubbles
-place cover-slips on glass slides

please correct me or add any point missing.
the examiner report says we don't have to cut the pollen grains..?

Reaction score
How to label a cross section of a fruit..... In some cases they say pericarp is the outer most layer ... In other cases epicarp is outer most then mesocarp than pericarp .... Very confused plz help :-@

Reaction score
How to label a cross section of a fruit..... In some cases they say pericarp is the outer most layer ... In other cases epicarp is outer most then mesocarp than pericarp .... Very confused plz help :-@

lets hope we dont get that particular drawing, but the layers are as folows:
deepest=pericarp
less deep=mesocarp
outer=epicarp

Reaction score
lets hope we dont get that particular drawing, but the layers are as folows:
deepest=pericarp
less deep=mesocarp
outer=epicarp

yes it is exactly like that and

it depends what they ask you to label..if they ask you for Epicarp then you label the pericarp deep but otherwise you mark it outside..i guess..:eek:

Reaction score
Are there only two questions in bio ATP cuz in 2011 nov/dec there were only 2 questions in it.........

Reaction score
Are there only two questions in bio ATP cuz in 2011 nov/dec there were only 2 questions in it.........

there are moslty 3 if you look in the pps...they could have made an exception or change the amount of questions since then...:D

Reaction score
there are moslty 3 if you look in the pps...they could have made an exception or change the amount of questions since then...:D
Man i have done the past papers from 2000-11...... My concepts are also 95% clear .....Is my preparation alrite.....
What should i do now cuz i've heard there is no need to do papst papers from 90's any more ....... :))

Reaction score
Man i have done the past papers from 2000-11...... My concepts are also 95% clear .....Is my preparation alrite.....
What should i do now cuz i've heard there is no need to do papst papers from 90's any more ....... :))

umm..you can never say nuf cuz thats when the S!@# happens if you know what i mean...:D