• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
U measure the Line which gives the scale 0.05 mm and u will get 27 mm ......... 27/0.05= x540

Reaction score
add a drop of water on the slide as a mountant
brush off pollen onto slide
add few drops of methylene blue to stain it
now lower the coverslip at an angle to prevent air bubbles

first heat the non-reducing sugar in HCl..this will break it down to REDUCING SUGAR
then add NaOH to neutralise it
then perform the benedict's test
thankyou veryyyyyyy much...

Reaction score
The scale is given and if you measure the pollen grain it is around 2.9cm=>29mm
so magnification= 29/0.05= x580

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Biology (5090)/5090_s03_qp_6.pdf
Help needed with question 3 part c......... Plz give a in depth detail if possible ..... 8-o

Solution in Visking tubing will have a positive test cuz the starch molecules will be broken down to maltose which will give a postive result to Reducing sugar test but not to starch test...

outside the visking tubing there will be Maltose but no starch as starch cannot leave the visking tubing and thus this will have positive to reducing sugar test and negative to starch test.:)
hope it helps..:D

Reaction score
Solution in Visking tubing will have a positive test cuz the starch molecules will be broken down to maltose which will give a postive result to Reducing sugar test but not to starch test...

outside the visking tubing there will be Maltose but no starch as starch cannot leave the visking tubing and thus this will have positive to reducing sugar test and negative to starch test.:)
hope it helps..:D
I thought i asked Q 3 part c....

Reaction score
well my guess would b that both the distances are directly proportional as when one increases so does the other ..
let me know the answer..:)
In past paper this answer is written
"the evidence pointed to greater sensitivity in the finger tips. Therefore , there were greater number of receptors in the finger tips. Hence they were closer together and could distinguish the two needles points even when the needlew were most close together..

Reaction score
In past paper this answer is written
"the evidence pointed to greater sensitivity in the finger tips. Therefore , there were greater number of receptors in the finger tips. Hence they were closer together and could distinguish the two needles points even when the needlew were most close together..

honestly dude..i am not able to get it :|