• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
compensation point is the point (usually dawn and dusk) when there is no net movement of CO2.This happens cuz the rate of respiration and photosynthesis r at equilibrium i.e amount of CO2 absorbed for photosynthesis is equal to the amount of CO2 released by respiration.....n also stop crying! :coffee:
i cant! tomorrow is the exam and so many thing i dont know! OMG! GOD BLESS ME PLS!

Reaction score
Please someone, What is ATP?
Adenosine triphosphate - it is a coenzyme which transports chemical energy in the cells fro metabolic reactions. (note: one function of phosphate ions is to make ATP)

Reaction score
auxins?????????????what are they

and are they in our course.................pls help
they are plant hormones which promote cell elongation in the shoot of the plant and inhibit cell elongation in the root.
So, the part that has more auxin in the shoot elongates more whereas part that has more auxin in the root elongates less ... thus the bending (up and down respectively)

Reaction score
they are plant hormones which promote cell elongation in the shoot of the plant and inhibit cell elongation in the root.
So, the part that has more auxin in the shoot elongates more whereas part that has more auxin in the root elongates less ... thus the bending (up and down respectively)

thanks a million :)

Reaction score
auxins?????????????what are they

and are they in our course.................pls help
they are not in our syllabus .

Reaction score
what do we have to know about negative feedback and hormones in food production ? and what do we have to know about behavior ? only taxis right ? or also the definition of it ?

Reaction score
what do we have to know about negative feedback and hormones in food production ? and what do we have to know about behavior ? only taxis right ? or also the definition of it ?

Maz

Reaction score
Sorry, just realised i entered the wrong thread, I am giving IGCSE's not O levels.:mad: