• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Suggest and explain what these total numbers in Table 1.1 indicate about the inheritance
of the green pigment.?( plz can any one explain the answer of this question this question is from BIO 5090 2001 MAY /JUNE)

Reaction score
Suggest and explain what these total numbers in Table 1.1 indicate about the inheritance
of the green pigment.?( plz can any one explain the answer of this question this question is from BIO 5090 2001 MAY /JUNE)
I looked in the paper but couldn't find the question. Can you please specify the question number and part number and if possible plz upload the paper as well.

Reaction score
The ratio of green to white is 3:1. This means that the parents were heterozygous because two traits have appeared in the offspring. Now the ratio of green to white is 3 to 1 so that means that they are not co-dominant and one is dominant and other is recessive. As the green is more so green is dominant and white is recessive. Then, the variations in the traits is not showing any trend so the variation is discontinuous.

Reaction score
Alr8 I have a doubt... Why does a human need an appendix??? plz help me as soon as possible....
It is primarily involved in immune functions. It contains lymphoid tissues which begin to acculmulate in the appendix shortly after birth. In the early years of development, appendix functions as a lymphoid organ, assisting with the maturation of B lymphocytes and in the production of class of antibodies known as Immunoglobulin A (IgA) antibodies.

Reaction score
Alr8 I have a doubt... Why does a human need an appendix??? plz help me as soon as possible....

It is primarily involved in immune functions. It contains lymphoid tissues which begin to acculmulate in the appendix shortly after birth. In the early years of development, appendix functions as a lymphoid organ, assisting with the maturation of B lymphocytes and in the production of class of antibodies known as Immunoglobulin A (IgA) antibodies.

My bio teacher have said that there are somethings students should not be told about in the Level they are. But you should ask such questions cuz may be they are of some other help to you. :)

Reaction score
um brah..Could you give me some tips on doing the atp paper? Thanks...and explain me some methods on doing magnification questions.I would appreciate it alot :)

Reaction score
Hello, may I know what did you guys answer for the qs: What cation is present in R?, in the Chemistry practical Paper 32/
Oct 2013. I answered Fe(II) - I hope it's correct. Your reply is greatly appreciated. :)

Reaction score
ok
Re: Biology,Chemistry & Physics Help Available Here !

wow i was away and we had two questions and one very thought provoking question which i cant even answer such a pity Mr Nibz maybe u give the answer ur self since its not in our syllabus :p :p :p :p !

Also for salman dude take it easy and dont fret Current elect is a very vast and one of the big topics in our physics so it will take time read the book u have and yeah u can surely ask us the problems !!!
peop
Assalam-o-Allaikum and Hi everyone ,
hope u all are doin great !

Well as the topic says help for chemistry :D biology :D and Physics :D is available here that means that u can ask any mind blowing question or ask any question regarding a particular topic or ask abt any questions from Past paper or any of your text books. (y) (y)

I made this topic so that people dont make many posts asking abt bio,physics or chemistry individually but they can post their reply here where it can be answered with ease and the members wont have to go searching for topics to help! :D !

So what are u waiting for now write ur questions here !
THANKS and Bye or Allah Hafiz ! (y);)

Hi could just guide me through as how to attempt the physics theory paper in CIE examination?

because it is a lot difficult to figure out which question should I attempt first

Reaction score
the examination of CIE is near in MAy/June and I have to prepare for P.std and Islamiat but in 2015 i have to appear for examination for other subjects like physics chem ict maths and urdu so could pease guide me through what are the rules for CIE and how to aatempt paper and to prepare for the exam. right now i am focusing on Physics so PLZ HELP OUT HERE

Reaction score
Re: Biology,Chemistry & Physics Help Available Here !

Your question is wrong. Barometer measures liquid pressure. Manometer measures gas pressure. You should learn it. It's confusing , and would cost you later on , so get it straight. Manometer measures gas pressure and barometer measures liquid pressure.

Barometer :
Refer to the book for the diagram. Uses the relation :
Pressure in liquid = Density of liquid x gravitational field strength x height of liquid coloumn.

So in other words if any one of the the three varies , the liquid pressure would vary accordingly. For example if a denser liquid is used , the pressure will increase. If the length is increased the pressure increases. But the gravitational field strength will not change as it is the same everywhere on the planet , but if it were to change , yes the pressure would increase.

Manometer :
Refer to book for diagram. ( it is advised you keep the diagram with you while reading this)
Now as you can see a manometer is a U shaped tube. If you pour liquid into it , the liquid levels reach the same height of both sides. Now to measure the gas pressure , you attach a gas supply to one end. If the gas pressure is more then atmospheric pressure ,then the liquid level will fall in the attached tube. Accordingly the level will rise in the other tube. The level that falls and the level that rises are equal. i.e if the level that has fallen is 2 cm , then the level that rose is also 2 cm. The gas pressure is calculated by adding both levels.

Pressure of gas = Level of liquid that falls + Level of liquid that rises.

Hope this helped.

Hi, can i get the marking schemes for biology paper 1,2