• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
ook now these investigations are mind pasturing...pplz explain :(
1) how can we investigate amout of o2 from inspired air different from expired air ?
2)how can we investigate amout of CO2 from inspired air different from expired air ?
3) is heat produced during respiration?
4)is CO2 given off during fermentation (anaerobic respiration)?

Reaction score
Reaction score
ook now these investigations are mind pasturing...pplz explain :(
1) how can we investigate amout of o2 from inspired air different from expired air ?
2)how can we investigate amout of CO2 from inspired air different from expired air ?
3) is heat produced during respiration?
4)is CO2 given off during fermentation (anaerobic respiration)?
i know 4 :p limewater thing

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Biology (5090)/5090_w13_qp_62.pdf
Ques 1 part cii. Would'nt it be accuracy ? Sorry but Im confused which I should'nt be.

Btw, the number of bubbles cannot be accurate. They will be different everytime. Like see the measurement of a chair will always be the same so that is accurate. But the number of bubbles wont be the same everytime so you do the test more than once for reliability because you cant get the accurate answer. Like I hope you understand what Im trying to say

Reaction score
Btw, the number of bubbles cannot be accurate. They will be different everytime. Like see the measurement of a chair will always be the same so that is accurate. But the number of bubbles wont be the same everytime so you do the test more than once for reliability because you cant get the accurate answer. Like I hope you understand what Im trying to say
LOL. Yep I get you! (a bit though) but thanks. I'll probably use the other way! Using easier words would fetch me more marks.

Reaction score
at what pH amylase works best acidic or alkaline?

Depends on which amylase you look at.
The amylase in mouth works at a pH of 7 as saliva is neutral.
The pancreatic amylase is alkalin-ic as it works in the alkaline pancreatic juice.

Reaction score
Depends on which amylase you look at.
The amylase in mouth works at a pH of 7 as saliva is neutral.
The pancreatic amylase is alkalin-ic as it works in the alkaline pancreatic juice.
actually i was going through an investigation in which they have provided
acidic, slightly acidic, neutral, slightly alkaline and alkaline pH to test which works best, they did not mention if the amylase is salivary or pancreatic, so i am confused which results would be positive

Reaction score
actually i was going through an investigation in which they have provided
acidic, slightly acidic, neutral, slightly alkaline and alkaline pH to test which works best, they did not mention if the amylase is salivary or pancreatic, so i am confused which results would be positive

can you post the link of the investigation?