• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Hellp Urgently needed !!!

Reaction score
They usually as this question Using the knowledge of enzymes, explain the importance of primary structure of an enzyme to its function ? Can someone please give a good detailed answer cus I hardly get the MS shit :p thankyou :)

Reaction score
Okay basically. The primary structure is the sequence and length of the amino acid chain.
Different proteins have different R groups, which determines the type of bonds they can form, and thus the shape of the active site.
As enzymes are specific, the active site needs to be certain shape for it to work, and thus the correct interactions to make the globular protein have the right shape are necessary.
Types of interactions include disulphide bridges, Van der Waals forces, hydrogen bonds, etc.
If you want more info, just ask my friend :)

Reaction score
Okay basically. The primary structure is the sequence and length of the amino acid chain.
Different proteins have different R groups, which determines the type of bonds they can form, and thus the shape of the active site.
As enzymes are specific, the active site needs to be certain shape for it to work, and thus the correct interactions to make the globular protein have the right shape are necessary.
Types of interactions include disulphide bridges, Van der Waals forces, hydrogen bonds, etc.
If you want more info, just ask my friend :)

Thanku for your help :D