• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BIOLOGY P3 DONE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
source and sink. summer leaf source root sink. winter root source and leaf sink
Guys, the answer will be about the seed and when it grows to become a plant! not about summer and winter, it even doesn't make sense ;)

Reaction score
natural selection as it has comoflouge so cant be noticed by predators so reproduces and passes the white colour through genes to whole new generations and coloured ones die as very noticable so don't reproduce as much and die more!
I dont think the idea was about predation... it said the it lived in deep areas with no light... even if its exoskeleton was coloured it wouldn't be noticed by predators as no light to reflect the colour....

Reaction score
What were the answers for the PH questions???
The first question about why the indicator turned acidic was due to emulsification of the fats into fat droplets and the lipase working on it breaking it down to fatty acids and glycerol. The fatty acid caused the decrease in pH.

Reaction score
i dont want to say it was super easy cuz when the results are out thats a whole different story. im not gonna stress now

Reaction score
u took varient 2 bro... so please know something before speaking useless stuff! we too Varient 1 ok
Really you are talking about varient 1?!?! I'm so AMAZED
I took vareint 1 and I am talking about it, my answer is the correct one and I added it as note only! :p :p

Reaction score
dude, in the question it states TIME so it is summer and winter
fine, what was you answer then?
Translocation "source and sink" is not affected by the temprature, it is about amino acids and sucrose and it changes only during the germination of the seed.
Anyway, if you have an evidance just show me :D

Reaction score
ha
hahah no they do change because of the rate of photosynthesis and the Question involved 0 things about germenation they ddnt even ask u about it.... they wanted time in the year.... don't argue because ur answer is totally of topic....
Ok give me what you exactly wrote?

Reaction score
i don't remember exactly but two different times ... summer and winter in summer it goes from up to bottom as the rate of photosynthesis is higher due to higher temp and higher light intensity thus photosynthesis rate is high so more glucose produced, so glucose translocated in the form of sucrose through the phloem from the top of the plant to the bottom for cells to respire and excess stored as startch in the roots.(sink) and in winter as the temp is lower and light intensity is lower so the rate of photosynthesis is lower not enough glucose produced to obtian enough energy thus startch in roots are broken down to sucrose then translocated up the plant to the leaves for respiration to produce the required amount of energy!
Starch stored in roots? there's nowhere in the notes explaining or even decribing what you said :)

Reaction score
fine, what was you answer then?
Translocation "source and sink" is not affected by the temprature, it is about amino acids and sucrose and it changes only during the germination of the seed.
Anyway, if you have an evidance just show me :D
NOooooo your answer is wrong he is right about what he said, i did that befor i saw somthing similar to this befor in the past papers

Reaction score
according to me this paper was kind of like general knowledge paper and little theory mixed

Reaction score
Hiii,
Paper 31... What was the answer to:
What is the target organ of the FSH hormone?
FSH has an effect on the follicle in the ovary, and stimulates it to grow + mature. However, it says target ORGAN. so was the answer OVARY?? ahhh... i found the exam realllly long, too little time to finish and it was tricky. reallllly hope grade boundaries will be low.....

Reaction score
germination?? it was about the storage of starch in the roots....btw its not necessary to say about winter and summer

Status
Not open for further replies.