• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology P31 <-----

Reaction score
I am NOT discussing answers, so don't ban me! :evil:
I didn't do the last part of the question (p19) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I did everything else... How was yours???

Reaction score
Dude, it wasn't easy.

This year biology is really going after us, PP6 v1 wasn't easy, P3 wasn't easy, I'm surprised how V1 will be ;/ Not discussing!

I'm really pissed.

Reaction score
Yeah...
TIME is such a THING...
You want it to go fast, goes slow, and if you want it to go slow, it races ahead...
Paper 31 really, was so time consuming...

Reaction score
For me I felt it was okay, I could do all of the question. I expect getting above 60+ out of 80. After lurking around the forums and seeing the comments of fellow members, i predict that this year grade threshold will be low for paper 3. What i'm worried right now is the way I described my f`king graph ! I did variant 2, however my paper 5 was good for me :)

Reaction score
Why are they doing this it feels really unfair !! even if they do lower the grade boundaries we will have a hard time getting A* .. They shouldn't be making it more difficult just to perpously make us get low grades

Reaction score
WayneRooney10 said:
It was the hardest Biology paper in Biologys history

agreed bro, this year paper is like freaking essay questions everywhere ! Not 1 question is worth 2 or 1. The minimum is 3 marks

Reaction score
They want us all to get bad so they make more money when everyone does it again in oct/nov.

Reaction score
Mclovin said:
They want us all to get bad so they make more money when everyone does it again in oct/nov.

Haha nice theory :p

( not discussing ) but damn first 2 pages were so hard , i think ill get 3 out of 17 for first question....
MAXIMUM!

i hope they lower the curve .

Reaction score
don8ld994 said:
WayneRooney10 said:
It was the hardest Biology paper in Biologys history

agreed bro, this year paper is like freaking essay questions everywhere ! Not 1 question is worth 2 or 1. The minimum is 3 marks
I know man. :cry: But its good to see others finding it hard as well. Gives me confident. So you people arent the only ones. EVERYONE who did 31 got screwed. We'll all die together. :(

Reaction score
meh. first 2 questions were reasonably difficult, the rest was really easy though, so many easy marks :)
I'm happy

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum!!

InshaAllah u'll end with A*!!! :)

when i gave my paper, i think i might have got 40 - 50% marks in paper 3...but Alhumdulilah got A*!

The thresholds for bio Paper 3 is usually in 40's out of 80 marks!

So wish u all the best...my prayers for everyone :)

Reaction score
Math_angel said:
Assalamoalaikum!!

InshaAllah u'll end with A*!!! :)

when i gave my paper, i think i might have got 40 - 50% marks in paper 3...but Alhumdulilah got A*!

The thresholds for bio Paper 3 is usually in 40's out of 80 marks!

So wish u all the best...my prayers for everyone :)
Thanks for the motivation :)

Reaction score
I did Paper 3, Variant 2.

I found it rather lengthy and boring and focusing on like only 3 topics from the whole of syllabus. There was not much requirement for use of
analytical skills...just plain dumb theory was needed to be vomited on the paper.
It was difficult but the kind of questions asked demotivated me and I was reluctant to write the answers...but I completed the paper.

Reaction score
I guess the examiners for biology are knew, the style of papers are so changing, and marks are at least 3 for every question because they don't have enough questions in their head to give us... :S
Good luck to you all! And I guess variant 2 is being easier than variant 1? In papers 3 and 6, I noticed that e.o

Reaction score
Rashu712 said:
I did Paper 3, Variant 2.

I found it rather lengthy and boring and focusing on like only 3 topics from the whole of syllabus. There was not much requirement for use of
analytical skills...just plain dumb theory was needed to be vomited on the paper.
It was difficult but the kind of questions asked demotivated me and I was reluctant to write the answers...but I completed the paper.

Yeah I even noticed some questions need the same type of answer, they really have no ideas for questions....

Reaction score
Kokeeto said:
I guess the examiners for biology are knew, the style of papers are so changing, and marks are at least 3 for every question because they don't have enough questions in their head to give us... :S
Good luck to you all! And I guess variant 2 is being easier than variant 1? In papers 3 and 5, I noticed that e.o

I haven't done Varian 1 of any paper but it seems like Variant 2 is easier from their comments.