• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

biology p5

Reaction score
well, we know the maths part prolly coming, like T-test and chi square test thingy,
apart from that, anybody?

Reaction score
hey..!!can anyone please tell me when r we supposed to use chi - squared test or t- test...?!?

Reaction score
relax! it will be fine, or threshold will be fine
goodluck everyone
discuss tmor, how was it?
k?

Reaction score
Hey how was everyones, Bio paper?
i thought it was a bit weird, but not exactly easy
=/

Reaction score
CHI SQUARED AND T TEST
they are both significance tests.. ie. to test if the difference between two or more sets of data is significant or not. if its not significant the diference moght be due to error/chance

chi squared test is to test the difference between the observed and expected result

t test is to test the difference between two mean of the two samples showing normal distribution

ex of t test:: samples of shells were taken from two different places. sample 1 was from low shore and samole 2 was from high shore.
if there was no diff in size then >> the null hypothesis would state that there is no difference between the mean sizes of the shells from the two places.
whereas if the difference between two means was significant it couldve been due to a factor such as its position(high or low shore)

Reaction score
Most weird paper i have ever done..especially question 1..required alot of thinking and planning..very likely to make silly mistakes :( btw guys what do you think the threshold will be?

Reaction score
should be low, this paper definatly does not compare to other papers on an easy scale!

ive seen thresholds minimum at 15! hope so..

yea the first Question definatly was tough! , how did u guys find the second one?

Reaction score
the toughest paper i have ever seen. why do CIE give such paper. the first question was terrible but the second one was sort of okay. hope the threshold goes down to 15 inshallah :(

Reaction score
i thinkk i liked d first one better dan d second.... :|:| probably coz i was in a plannig analysis mode!!! :| .. anyways .. i thot d paper was okay... kinda on the good side.. :)

Reaction score
many ppl who were with me said it was easy... mine wasnt that good... :(
wat variant was ur u all.. i had 51

Reaction score
i had 52, second question was easier, first was weird! i spent alot of time just thinkin about it !

Reaction score
for Q1 it was worth 8 marks, it has a higher chance that you lose marks in such essay questions

Reaction score
hey da 2st ques came 4m last yrs june prac ppr dont rmbr da variant
n yah it wx weird !
hope da gt drops down ... way down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!