• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 1

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Hello everyone(salam),

We will be having Bio Paper 1 exam after a 10 day holiday after which we have chemistry as well.Manage some time for Bio as well.Have any questions or tips,please share.

Well for Paper 1 you only have to cover the core syllabus :) !Just download the Revision Checklistfor Biology and use it to assist your revision,but unfortunately SectionII of the syllabus is missing from the revision checklist.Go through the core section of the revision checklist and look through your notes any topic you feel less confident about.Solve pastpapers, as many questions are repeated!!

Don't hesitate to help others or ask for help :p ,
Good Luck!!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
.I.Am.Me. said:
Are u sure about it? Do we only have to know the core section? :D
Yes I am 100% sure abou that ,I came t know about that after the chemistry paper 1 so for physics I only did the core!
If you have any doubts just check the syllabus ,its given in it!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
no prob. any way ggood that i came to know abt that b4 physics p1 ,actually i forgot this and remembered this one hour b4 chemistry p1 when i revised whole of organic chemistry !:)

Reaction score
Yes for paper 1 and 6 it's only core because core and extended students write the same paper. So you can't put extended topics if core people are taking the same paper ;)

Anyway, for Paper 1 for any subject i only do past papers because its more help. And we've already studied the whole syllabus when we did the paper 3. If you do past papers from 2004 you can do 10 past papers. That's 400 questions! And they're short (30 minutes each if you're fast) so you can do them all in one day! That's all you really need to do because most questions are repeated with slight changes (you'll even see the same questions when you do the past papers!)

Hope that helps! We've got a 9 day break. So I'm doing nothing this weekend as my break and then starting to study for the rest of my exams from Monday :)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
dont u take chemistry?well i have solved all my pastpapers in march and yes many quetsions repeated exactly!!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
InshAllah,let us pray that everyone finds the paper easy!Aameen!!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
I think we do not need revision of notes so just go through the core syllabus (only) and if u think u know it then u r ready for the exam.Dont forget to practice pastpapers at any cost! :)