• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 1

Reaction score
NOOB12345 said:
yeah it was the sugar.

remember question 20 and 21, the 2 about breathing rate after exercise and Lung air pressure? what did you choose?

and also in which condition is the seed most likely to germinate?

it's B : 18 degrees celcius, with boiled water, isn't it?

also question 2, about the insect, how many did you choose? I choose 2

d breathig ques i did C bth depth n rate increases

for the seed germination i did C : damp cotton wool n 18 degrees
becoz no O2 in boiled water

for the lung pressure i did A

Reaction score
Outofideaz said:
2 insects ... dry mass question --- i did germinating seed "under the ground" since it uses the stored food...
and yup the photosynthesis qs. was sugar .. the seed pod was confusing i did A stupidly :p but it was D (bio teacher)
gotta say it was tricky .. not dat easy :)

i did germinating seed as well for the dry mass ques

why D for the pod???
the pollen tube enters the ovule thry the carpal rite???

tht looked like B

Reaction score
gary221 said:
Outofideaz said:
2 insects ... dry mass question --- i did germinating seed "under the ground" since it uses the stored food...
and yup the photosynthesis qs. was sugar .. the seed pod was confusing i did A stupidly :p but it was D (bio teacher)

why D for the pod???

tht looked like B

It's D because pollen tube enters through the stigma which is at the end of the pod :) That's what my bio teacher said.

Reaction score
NOOB12345 said:
yeah it was the sugar.

remember question 20 and 21, the 2 about breathing rate after exercise and Lung air pressure? what did you choose?

and also in which condition is the seed most likely to germinate?

it's B : 18 degrees celcius, with boiled water, isn't it?

also question 2, about the insect, how many did you choose? I choose 2
no not the second one bcz boiled water has no oxygen !

Reaction score
BlueSky said:
gary221 said:
Outofideaz said:

why D for the pod???

tht looked like B

It's D because pollen tube enters through the stigma which is at the end of the pod :) That's what my bio teacher said.

Option B strted from the anther into the micropyle ... it said pollen tube wich strts from the stigma and not the anther ... It was D since it strted from de end .. and the cover of the fruit is made of the ovary

Reaction score
btw guys the second qsn about insects i chose 1 because all the other 3 organisms had pincers

Reaction score
insects have pincers .. e.g an ant
if u read abt insects in our books it says they have 3 pairs of legs ...and the first two had 3 pairs of legs

Reaction score
Outofideaz said:
insects have pincers .. e.g an ant
if u read abt insects in our books it says they have 3 pairs of legs ...and the first two had 3 pairs of legs

yep thats right :D

Reaction score
man this isn't good, I think made hell a lot of mistakes. Am I the only one who found the paper 1 this year harder than previous years? I usually do well at biology. Hope the boundary will be lower... :(

What do you think we need for an A in Paper 1 and Paper 3?

I think I got something like 48 - 50 in Paper 3, if I get 29 - 31 in paper 1 is there still a chance I get reach A? :O

So disappointing. I found the science exams this year generally harder, though I think physics and chemistry went ok. :D

Reaction score
I have a question guys about the uterus picture .... the labelling was about the placenta or the amniotic fluid .... please answer as soon as possible .... i would appreciate it if a bio teacher would answer it :)

Reaction score
Guys which one was D for the pod? was it the one where it had those little stigmas ( i think they were stigmas) near the bottom left of the pod?

Reaction score
Pod was the one to the right, not the where it had the little things (stigmas), which I don't understand why :D

I choose the same as you

Reaction score
Mclovin said:
Guys which one was D for the pod? was it the one where it had those little stigmas ( i think they were stigmas) near the bottom left of the pod?

NOOB12345 said:
Pod was the one to the right, not the where it had the little things (stigmas), which I don't understand why :D

I choose the same as you
The ones on the bottom left were ANTHERS. The Stigma was the pointy end of the pod, the one at the right. So the answer was D.
The Stigma always remains attached to the end of the fruit as the fruit is the developed ovary and ovules.

Reaction score
ADHAM95 said:
I have a question guys about the uterus picture .... the labelling was about the placenta or the amniotic fluid .... please answer as soon as possible .... i would appreciate it if a bio teacher would answer it :)

I think it was pointing to the placenta...so taking oxygen to the fetus was the right answer I think.