• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BIOLOGY PAPER 12 | HOW WAS IT?

Reaction score
GT definitely won't be below 30...i think 33-34 .....inshALLAH we'll all get good grades in bio (y)(y)

Reaction score
yes, thts right, i only had three confusions:
second question, question about layers in trachea wall, and question of the pathways in apoplast..

Reaction score
Here is the list of all the 40 Questions in the Biology 12 Paper. These are the questions that i remember, and they may not be in the correct order. I have only provided general statements and not the correct answers for the debatable questions! :)
1. size of eukaryotes. It was option C (10 um to 100 um).
2. The annotations question involving photomicrograph of a leaf. Option B was clearly incorrect and the majority of people i know are choose either option A or C.
3. What is present in all eukaryotes and not in prokaryotes? (it was chromatin).
4. Size of a viral particle (it was option D - 150 nm).
5. The food tests question (protein was absent and reducing sugar was present, however there is much debate on presence of fatty acids).
6. presence of C=O group (it was present in all 3: fatty acids, proteins and amino acids).
7. Which of the following is a reducing sugar? (it was fructose)
8. Question about structure of glycogen (correct option was one with alpha glucose, and 1,4 and 6 carbons).
9. Which statements can be used to describe both amylose and amylopectin? (alpha glucose and 1-4 glycosidic bonds were correct, whereas 1-6 glycosidic bond was incorrect.)
10. Why is resolution of light microscopes limited? (It was option D - related with wavelength)
11. Question about osmosis/net movement of water involving 3 adjacent cells with given water potentials (It was option D).
12. Which of the following processes are passive? (osmosis and facilitated diffusion were correct, and endocytosis was incorrect.)
13. Function of cholestrol in cell surface membranes (option D - regulates fluidity)
14. Glycosidic bond formation (option A, p-u and q-w) - this is a repeated question.
15. Product and substrate concentration graph (it was option A)
16. Glucose test of urine involving enzyme glucose oxidase (it was option C i guess - specific)
17. number of different tRNAs required (option A - 4) This is a repeated question.
18. Statements about tRNA (statement 3 was clearly incorrect and statement 1 was obviously correct. However, there is much debate about validity of statement number 2.)
19. What is required for transcription? (option A - DNA, ATP and free nucleotides.)
20. Correct sequence of occurances during mitosis. (option D) This is a repeated question.
21. Question involving radioactive nucleotides and cell cycle. (option A) This is a repeated question.
22. Why large animals need transport systems (statement 1 was correct only, statements 2 and 3 were incorrect.)
23. Question about circumference of a tree (option D - related to tension in xylem.) This is a repeated question.
24. What involves apoplast pathway (cell wall and xylem were correct only.)
25. Question about Casparian strip (option with endodermis and suberin).
26. Question about translocation in phloem (option with movement from X to Y and more pressure at X than Y. X was near leaf cell and Y was near root cell.)
27. Which of the following are present in all blood vessels, lymph and tissue fluid? (all those substances: glucose, CO2, wbcs and antibodies, are present.)
28. Question about graph involving stroke volume and ventricular end diastolic volume. Correct option was C (graph with straight light through origin).
29. The cardiac cycle pressure graph (Z was aorta, Y was left ventricle and X was left atrium).
30. Question about Bohr effect (option with increase in CO2 concentration and low pH.) This is a repeated question.
31. The trachea question (epidermis is not present whereas elastic fibres and smooth muscles are present).
32. Which component of cigarette smoke causes increase in blood pressure? (nicotine)
33. The COPD question (probably, only the last statement about reversible treatment was incorrect).
34. Immunity question with the antibody concentration-time graph. This is a repeated question (correct option was the one with memory cells.)
35. Injection of dead bacteria (passive was NO and artificial was YES).
36. Which of the following diseases are viral? (option with smallpox and measles.)
37. Question related to measures against spread of cholera (option with sewage treatment and water supply.)
38. Function of decomposers (convert proteins to ammonium ions - option A i guess)
39. The repeated question involving a food web. Answer was C (5 trophic levels).
40. The question involving fixation of only 4% of energy from sunlight by producers. Correct option was B (involving reflection from clouds....).

Please do correct me if I have posted a wrong question or have failed to mention the correct question(s). My answers may not be correct! :)

Reaction score
33. The COPD question (probably, only the last statement about reversible treatment was incorrect).
as far as i remember there was another incorrect statement maybe second one!!!

Reaction score
as far as i remember there was another incorrect statement maybe second one!!!
the second statement was present in all the options (A,B,C and D) so the second statement could not possibly be wrong.

Reaction score
2nd was A. excpt epidermi all present and cell wall and xylem vessel
well in the second one I couldnt be sure as to which one to select, i wanted to select A, but then i said that B , C, and D look much the same, i was confident that all could have been annotations.....so i used the stubborn MCQ LAW........choose the MCQwhich is the "odd one out".....that was C...because every option, A,B,D mentioned an info about tissue and a cell, but only option C annotated both info about cells......and in annotations we dont mention detailes of tissues because they are already drawn..........we only mention the info of the cells..........what do u think.....

Reaction score
what e
Here is the list of all the 40 Questions in the Biology 12 Paper. These are the questions that i remember, and they may not be in the correct order. I have only provided general statements and not the correct answers for the debatable questions! :)
2. The annotations question involving photomicrograph of a leaf. Option B was clearly incorrect and the majority of people i know are choose either option A or C.
3. What is present in all eukaryotes and not in prokaryotes? (it was chromatin).
5. The food tests question (protein was absent and reducing sugar was present, however there is much debate on presence of fatty acids).
6. presence of C=O group (it was present in all 3: fatty acids, proteins and amino acids).
8. Question about structure of glycogen (correct option was one with alpha glucose, and 1,4 and 6 carbons).
9. Which statements can be used to describe both amylose and amylopectin? (alpha glucose and 1-4 glycosidic bonds were correct, whereas 1-6 glycosidic bond was incorrect.)
10. Why is resolution of light microscopes limited? (It was option D - related with wavelength)
11. Question about osmosis/net movement of water involving 3 adjacent cells with given water potentials (It was option D).
12. Which of the following processes are passive? (osmosis and facilitated diffusion were correct, and endocytosis was incorrect.)
13. Function of cholestrol in cell surface membranes (option D - regulates fluidity)
14. Glycosidic bond formation (option A, p-u and q-w) - this is a repeated question.
16. Glucose test of urine involving enzyme glucose oxidase (it was option C i guess - specific)
17. number of different tRNAs required (option A - 4) This is a repeated question.
18. Statements about tRNA (statement 3 was clearly incorrect and statement 1 was obviously correct. However, there is much debate about validity of statement number 2.)
19. What is required for transcription? (option A - DNA, ATP and free nucleotides.)
20. Correct sequence of occurances during mitosis. (option D) This is a repeated question.
21. Question involving radioactive nucleotides and cell cycle. (option A) This is a repeated question.
22. Why large animals need transport systems (statement 1 was correct only, statements 2 and 3 were incorrect.)
23. Question about circumference of a tree (option D - related to tension in xylem.) This is a repeated question.
26. Question about translocation in phloem (option with movement from X to Y and more pressure at X than Y. X was near leaf cell and Y was near root cell.)
27. Which of the following are present in all blood vessels, lymph and tissue fluid? (all those substances: glucose, CO2, wbcs and antibodies, are present.)
28. Question about graph involving stroke volume and ventricular end diastolic volume. Correct option was C (graph with straight light through origin).
29. The cardiac cycle pressure graph (Z was aorta, Y was left ventricle and X was left atrium).
30. Question about Bohr effect (option with increase in CO2 concentration and low pH.) This is a repeated question.
31. The trachea question (epidermis is not present whereas elastic fibres and smooth muscles are present).
32. Which component of cigarette smoke causes increase in blood pressure? (nicotine)
34. Immunity question with the antibody concentration-time graph. This is a repeated question (correct option was the one with memory cells.)
36. Which of the following diseases are viral? (option with smallpox and measles.)
37. Question related to measures against spread of cholera (option with sewage treatment and water supply.)
38. Function of decomposers (convert proteins to ammonium ions - option A i guess)
39. The repeated question involving a food web. Answer was C (5 trophic levels).
40. The question involving fixation of only 4% of energy from sunlight by producers. Correct option was B (involving reflection from clouds....).

Please do correct me if I have posted a wrong question or have failed to mention the correct question(s). My answers may not be correct! :)
what were the options for q2?

Reaction score

Q22 about large animals one. It was option 1 and 2 both correct