• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BIOLOGY PAPER 12 | HOW WAS IT?

Reaction score
Q22 about large animals one. It was option 1 and 2 both correct
many people are doubtful about statement 2 (1 was correct and 3 was obviously incorrect). I still don't understand how statement could have or could not have related to the need for a transport system. A lot of people selected it as correct and some people did not :p

Reaction score
many people are doubtful about statement 2 (1 was correct and 3 was obviously incorrect). I still don't understand how statement could have or could not have related to the need for a transport system. A lot of people selected it as correct and some people did not :p
it was obviously correct, all LARGE animals have a high rate of gas exchange and this could only have taken place if they evolved a gas exchange and transport system..........cambridge isnt that cruel............

Reaction score
it was obviously correct, all LARGE animals have a high rate of gas exchange and this could only have taken place if they evolved a gas exchange and transport system..........cambridge isnt that cruel............
not all large animals!!! high rate of gaseous exchange depends on activity, and believe me some large animals are far less active than smaller animals, so they would not have a high rate of gas exchange! btw, I also selected statement 2 as correct, but somehow i m still confused :p

Reaction score

hey why did you say so?

Reaction score
well in the second one I couldnt be sure as to which one to select, i wanted to select A, but then i said that B , C, and D look much the same, i was confident that all could have been annotations.....so i used the stubborn MCQ LAW........choose the MCQwhich is the "odd one out".....that was C...because every option, A,B,D mentioned an info about tissue and a cell, but only option C annotated both info about cells......and in annotations we dont mention detailes of tissues because they are already drawn..........we only mention the info of the cells..........what do u think.....
i dont remember the options but i think there was something wrong in each

Reaction score
well in the second one I couldnt be sure as to which one to select, i wanted to select A, but then i said that B , C, and D look much the same, i was confident that all could have been annotations.....so i used the stubborn MCQ LAW........choose the MCQwhich is the "odd one out".....that was C...because every option, A,B,D mentioned an info about tissue and a cell, but only option C annotated both info about cells......and in annotations we dont mention detailes of tissues because they are already drawn..........we only mention the info of the cells..........what do u think.....
I also chose option C. I guess it was 'phloem small cells and empty xylem for transport'. option B was 100% incorrect since it mentioned a single layer of epidermis. Most of the candidates are divided between option A and C though. Don't remember option D :p

Reaction score
I also chose option C. I guess it was 'phloem small cells and empty xylem for transport'. option B was 100% incorrect since it mentioned a single layer of epidermis. Most of the candidates are divided between option A and C though. Don't remember option D :p
Option A was something like showing stained epidermis. n we don't shade, do we?

Reaction score
Whats wrong with epidermis being single layered cell ?? How to annotate actually , whats the difference between labelling and annotation ?

Reaction score
If they do really need high rate of gaseous exchange, why dont they just use diffusion instead of having a transport system? By using a transport system is definitely slower than by using diffusion. :)