• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 22 Discussion thread.

Reaction score
totally agreed with u dude !!
You're screwed. I'm sorry :<
Glucose and urea are ALWAYS reabsorbed back into the body before being excreted as urine. Even your third point is wrong because you've written the answers in the opposite columns. what's your fourth point?

Reaction score
what were thee 2 organ ??
Oh I also wrote about how the organs (eg diaphragm, ribs,sternum) won't be able to move properly, so the amount of air entering and exiting the lungs would be greatly reduced. Bleh I forgot to write about damaged blood vessels x_x that's probably the most important point

Reaction score
Paper was Easy but some questions were time taking.

What was that cell? in the very first Question. Epidermis or palisade mesophyll

i wrote lower epidermal cell :p Allah knows :p

sti
still ull get partial credit....i did some research and found that cambridge gave this question form a post-graduate medical licensing examination known as PLAB....they slightly modified the content..but the theme was the same..wat the hell is wrong with u CIE

why would they give us the question of plab, its quite high level paper and most of the very intelligent doctors cant even pass it... it was just a technical question and what i wrote was related to the air entering the lung's space and diffusing in the veins and arteries resulting in inefficiency of cells as now less co2 will be diffused back to the veins... well i was quite stuck up for this question... May Allah help us all :)

Reaction score
guys, there was a questin regarding wild lupins i.e. why are the wild lupins less colourful etc...so i wrote about genetics that in the wild couloured lupins will be spotted by herbivorous and they wont sustain in the wild, the only lupins that will survive are going to be the ones which are less couloured and thus their gne will be the one prevailing in the wild. wht do say? is it correct? i wrote about 2 more points but i dont remember thm exactly nw! usama321 robinhoodmustafa

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the percentile system works? Is it like the person who gets the highest possible marks, even if it is 140/150 gets a 100%, the people who get the second highest possible marks get a 99% even if it is 135/150? What do I suppose is the lowest mark one can get to get an a* in bio

Reaction score
Does anyone remember the second question in section b? And what were the other parts of the antibiotic question....

Reaction score
Does anyone remember the second question in section b? And what were the other parts of the antibiotic question....
State the components of a balanced diet and give one importance of each?
Explain how the diet should be changed for a person who has diabetes and who has history of heart problems

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the percentile system works? Is it like the person who gets the highest possible marks, even if it is 140/150 gets a 100%, the people who get the second highest possible marks get a 99% even if it is 135/150? What do I suppose is the lowest mark one can get to get an a* in bio
The grading thereshold contiously changes, every session, it depends on wat type of questions were given, how hard they were, and how candidates coped......
Considering that a paper is very hard, the A* minimum mark can drop down to 87-89%
But for an easy paper it can go as high as 90-92%
so for this year most probably the thereshold for A* will be somewhere between 88-89%

Reaction score
You're screwed. I'm sorry :<
Glucose and urea are ALWAYS reabsorbed back into the body before being excreted as urine. Even your third point is wrong because you've written the answers in the opposite columns. what's your fourth point?
his answers are wrong but the columns are correct, the first column was for renal artery while the second was for the ureter.

Reaction score
Okay people, so tell me one thing. WAS THE PAPER EASY? I personally think it was the easiest biology p2 ever made
uptill now. Okay I have done mistakes, very silly ones as well e.g in the antibiotic process you people wont believe what I
wrote. I wrote "Industrial Manufacture of Antibiotics." sure, have a good laugh, im embarrassed about it but i couldnt think of anything else, i thought of writing fermentation but then I thought paper main pehlay say hi fermentation mention hai. And I personally think that Alexis wala question was the most mazay wala ;)
I think your the only one in the whole discussion who was bold enough to say it was easy...I have been studying for it for over 8 months.....and still I made some mistakes.

Reaction score
i wrote lower epidermal cell :p Allah knows :p

why would they give us the question of plab, its quite high level paper and most of the very intelligent doctors cant even pass it... it was just a technical question and what i wrote was related to the air entering the lung's space and diffusing in the veins and arteries resulting in inefficiency of cells as now less co2 will be diffused back to the veins... well i was quite stuck up for this question... May Allah help us all :)
My dad is a doctor (caridac surgeon) and he has books of PLAB, USMLE etc....I looked at one of them and the question was exactly the same, Only the last two parts had been modified, while the first part in the real PLAB paper asked for three organs, CIE asked for 2.

Reaction score
guys, there was a questin regarding wild lupins i.e. why are the wild lupins less colourful etc...so i wrote about genetics that in the wild couloured lupins will be spotted by herbivorous and they wont sustain in the wild, the only lupins that will survive are going to be the ones which are less couloured and thus their gne will be the one prevailing in the wild. wht do say? is it correct? i wrote about 2 more points but i dont remember thm exactly nw! usama321 robinhoodmustafa
wrong...the lupins question specifically mentioned the word "commercially", since it said commercially the best answer would be the one which wrote abt selective breeding and genetic engineering together.
writing about wild lupins means that youre writing about natural selection etc...that unfortuantely isnt correct.

Reaction score
In the lupins question, I wrote about artificial selection and the change of genes over many generations. Does that make any sense?

Reaction score
The grading thereshold contiously changes, every session, it depends on wat type of questions were given, how hard they were, and how candidates coped......
Considering that a paper is very hard, the A* minimum mark can drop down to 87-89%
But for an easy paper it can go as high as 90-92%
so for this year most probably the thereshold for A* will be somewhere between 88-89%
88-89% of what?

Reaction score
It was about the variety of coloured petals and large flower needles i guess. Genetic engineering and artificial selection had to be explained. Cross pollination was also acceptable giving a variety of coloured petals.