• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 22 Discussion thread.

Reaction score
State the components of a balanced diet and give one importance of each?
Explain how the diet should be changed for a person who has diabetes and who has history of heart problems
Yeah so the diabetic patient should maintain his intake of glucose and drink a lot of water while problems was related to only saturated fats right?

Reaction score
It was about the variety of coloured petals and large flower needles i guess. Genetic engineering and artificial selection had to be explained. Cross pollination was also acceptable giving a variety of coloured petals.
I'll probably get 2-3 marks in that question. :/

Reaction score
guys, there was a questin regarding wild lupins i.e. why are the wild lupins less colourful etc...so i wrote about genetics that in the wild couloured lupins will be spotted by herbivorous and they wont sustain in the wild, the only lupins that will survive are going to be the ones which are less couloured and thus their gne will be the one prevailing in the wild. wht do say? is it correct? i wrote about 2 more points but i dont remember thm exactly nw! usama321 robinhoodmustafa
i am studying computer :p

Reaction score
But 88-89% is a percentage? Or does it mean that 11-12% of the people are definitely getting more that
88-89% of the total number of marks, which in this case will be around 66 marks for the theory paper. It means that the criteria for A* will be dropped from 90% to 88% if the examiners think that the paper was hard.

Reaction score
88-89% of the total number of marks, which in this case will be around 66 marks for the theory paper. It means that the criteria for A* will be dropped from 90% to 88% if the examiners think that the paper was hard.
Haha oh. I still don't get how the system works..I thought it was something like the quartiles and percentilez we do in statistics in math :p

Reaction score
Haha oh. I still don't get how the system works..I thought it was something like the quartiles and percentilez we do in statistics in math :p
Lol it is but its not something for us to worry about. They plot the grades of bio of students from all over the world on a graph. Then they decide what percentage will be the best for the grade of A*.

Reaction score
guys, there was a questin regarding wild lupins i.e. why are the wild lupins less colourful etc...so i wrote about genetics that in the wild couloured lupins will be spotted by herbivorous and they wont sustain in the wild, the only lupins that will survive are going to be the ones which are less couloured and thus their gne will be the one prevailing in the wild. wht do say? is it correct? i wrote about 2 more points but i dont remember thm exactly nw! usama321 robinhoodmustafa

I wrote Less Variation in them, Wind or insect Pollination chances are less

Reaction score
i wrote lower epidermal cell :p Allah knows

So You are still Alive? I see:notworthy: Alhamdulilah

:cry: 1 Marks Gone... I Thought they are showing the structure inside the leaf so it must be palisade cell
and in the close range shot question. i wrote spleen and liver will be effected.Was it right? and in another question they asked how will the Person suffer so I wrote All about the Alveolar wall infection which would make him unable to breathe

Reaction score
It was about the variety of coloured petals and large flower needles i guess. Genetic engineering and artificial selection had to be explained. Cross pollination was also acceptable giving a variety of coloured petals.
your right..actually and scientifically speaking, since the question said commercially, it means that a process is taking place in which profit must be earned, and to earn profit you need to make sure that the process is quick, Genetic engineering is much more quicker than any other process...In fact even if you just explain genetic engieneering, you may get full marks.

Reaction score
88-89% of what?
The raw percentage of the max mark available.......You see....when a candidate scores lets say.....umm 144/160 marks, this is his RAW MARK which gives a percentage of 90%. However our grades are not based on our RAW MARKS. These raw marks are converted into GRADE MARKS, which are then used to give us our respective Grade.

Reaction score

:cry: 1 Marks Gone... I Thought they are showing the structure inside the leaf so it must be palisade cell
and in the close range shot question. i wrote spleen and liver will be effected.Was it right? and in another question they asked how will the Person suffer so I wrote All about the Alveolar wall infection which would make him unable to breathe
Aleveolar infection? If the bullet had been above the diaphragm, it would have punctured the lung, and damaged alveoli, reducing surface area for gaseous exchange, resulting in breathing difficulties, Alveolar infection may earn you partial marks.

Reaction score
Dont worry about how the system works...It only confuses you ...just focus on doin good

Reaction score
Aleveolar infection? If the bullet had been above the diaphragm, it would have punctured the lung, and damaged alveoli, reducing surface area for gaseous exchange, resulting in breathing difficulties, Alveolar infection may earn you partial marks.
Lol man that is impossible , if lung is punctured there is no way that too much alveoli will be damaged , only some of it will be damaged , so S.A will not be reduced much . actual answer is this :
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080217204430AAISBr3

Reaction score

yeh, Alhamdulillah :p

no worries, no one is here with full 100% paper, inshaa Allah Allah will help us out, we never know what is right... well, i cant say anything about liver and spleen, i myself wrote liver and pancreas and m nt sure of any... i didnt mention any alveolar infection, like i said, i just wrote of air entering and diffusing in and disturbing the breathing mechanism and gave details of it... Allah knows... i m nt confident on my these answers... just praying to Allah :p :)

Reaction score
My dad is a doctor (caridac surgeon) and he has books of PLAB, USMLE etc....I looked at one of them and the question was exactly the same, Only the last two parts had been modified, while the first part in the real PLAB paper asked for three organs, CIE asked for 2.

so it indicates that CIE is so merciless, how would we even answer such things, i'll take details from my sister, she just passed her plab 2 test this march... so u think that reference to air entering and all is nt worthy of getting any credit??