• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

*Biology Paper 5 tips*

Reaction score
Assalamu 'Alaykum Everyone!!scarface007
Al7amdulillah, my SAT exam is over....so I have decided to complete my promises:

Topics we have to study from IGCSE:
  1. Sigmoid Curve
  2. Respiration
  3. Tropism and Taxic Responses
  4. Food Tests
  5. Germination
Alice123 MaxStudentALevel Zari PhyZac gary221 sumaiyarox:) cyclone94 Irfan 1995 geek101 xtremeforums biba Soldier313

Marks&Spencers D0cEngi
What are error bars?
-the Physics students probably know better than I do:
I've uploaded a photo of what error bars are.
The overlapping of error bars:
Consider an example of O/N 2010 p53 Q1 (open it in another tab):
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Biology (9700)/9700_w10_qp_53.pdf

In this question, we have to calculate the standard error of glucose, and that of fructose is given:
for glucose, we calculated the SM as 1 and for fructose it's given as 2. So, in the next part, where we have to plot our graphs, we'll make the bar chart as normal, but we'll make an extra line in between...look at the uploaded photo labelled: P5.
I'm sorry i made a mistake in naming my files..it's the other way round actually..
Please let me know if i missed out anything :)

Attachments

• DSC05255.JPG
    DSC05255.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 116
  • P5.JPG
    P5.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 134
Reaction score
Assalamu 'Alaykum Everyone!!
Al7amdulillah, my SAT exam is over....so I have decided to complete my promises:

1. Sigmoid Curve
  2. Respiration
  4. Food Tests
  5. Germination
Alice123 MaxStudentALevel Zari PhyZac gary221 sumaiyarox:) cyclone94 Irfan 1995 geek101 xtremeforums biba Soldier313

What are error bars?
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Biology (9700)/9700_w10_qp_53.pdf

In this question, we have to calculate the standard error of glucose, and that of fructose is given:
for glucose, we calculated the SM as 1 and for fructose it's given as 2. So, in the next part, where we have to plot our graphs, we'll make the bar chart as normal, but we'll make an extra line in between...look at the uploaded photo labelled: P5.
I'm sorry i made a mistake in naming my files..it's the other way round actually..

u are d best(y)

Reaction score
Hey can anyone help with ON2007 Q3 (ii) part?
How do you find the expected values? I mean I get that it's all 3 added and divided by three but why?
And whats the general rule for expected values?
Marks&Spencers knowitall10 or anyone?
You must have done 511/O/N/11 right? That question no. 2 where it says write the expected phenotypes towards the bottom of page, didn't you write 16? How did you find that out? Didn't you divide 64 (which is the total no. of offspring given from cross 3) by 4? Any why did you do that? Isn't it because you know that the null hypothesis says that there is no difference in the numbers, so you divided 64 equally by 4 to give 16? Well here it's the same thing as well.We expect that the total no. of moths collected from each land is the same, hence we will add the values then divide by 3. I agree it was tricky though. No worries, you're not alone!

Reaction score
What can we conclude If Chi Squared is greater than critical value ?

And T Test > Critical Value?

Reaction score
Assalamu 'Alaykum Everyone!!

1. Sigmoid Curve
  2. Respiration
  4. Food Tests
  5. Germination

What are error bars?

knowitall10 i dont like u anymore o_O :unsure:
cuz i love u buddy! :p ;)
jazakALLAH sister!