• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 52

Reaction score
yea @ question 1......well my cnfusions...cuud we groq out a whole plant from seed and cut sections from its root to make slide???.....and if not y cos it says embryo plant cells not EMBRYO CELLS........
well in the table evidence part that why we cnt successfully breed a cross b hybrid...i wrote all the chromosome no. in zygot of a cross c hybride will be 26...13 complete sets,...so chromosomes cn pair up during prophase 1....bt this cnt occur wid a crooss b bhybrid cos there gametes have different chrmoosome so hybrid after fertilisation myt have an odd no. of chromosome so not all chromosonmes cn pair up........BT problem is i am UNSURE ABT EVEN ODD THING..........i shudnt have mentioned this.........shud it affect my mark or they will not mark it and see rest of my anser....i mean they lll not penalise this

Reaction score
wellll........i believe i am correct abt odd even thing.........bt it isnt necessary polant cn have even no. and yet cnt breed cos of not equal no. of sets of chromosomes

Reaction score
wat wud be gt ...i guess 22......my expectation is 24-25v for my own marks...........do u think it cn go as high as 25??

Reaction score
yea @ question 1......well my cnfusions...cuud we groq out a whole plant from seed and cut sections from its root to make slide???.....and if not y cos it says embryo plant cells not EMBRYO CELLS........
well in the table evidence part that why we cnt successfully breed a cross b hybrid...i wrote all the chromosome no. in zygot of a cross c hybride will be 26...13 complete sets,...so chromosomes cn pair up during prophase 1....bt this cnt occur wid a crooss b bhybrid cos there gametes have different chrmoosome so hybrid after fertilisation myt have an odd no. of chromosome so not all chromosonmes cn pair up........BT problem is i am UNSURE ABT EVEN ODD THING..........i shudnt have mentioned this.........shud it affect my mark or they will not mark it and see rest of my anser....i mean they lll not penalise this

i just wrote cut out sections from region of the embryo.. what were the chromosome no.s for the female gamete of hybrids? i wrote 8 and 13..
i wrote about odd and even too.. should be right..

Reaction score
what was the value for the relative difference that we had to calculate from the graph? i got 3..