• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 6 (ATP) discussion

Reaction score
How about my magnification question Shiki Misaki??? See the diagram above... Can anyone please tell me!!!

Reaction score
Leone said:
How about my magnification question Shiki Misaki??? See the diagram above... Can anyone please tell me!!!

most of the people are saying we have to draw the whole central part and i guess they are correct

Reaction score
Your magnification will be correct but you might be penalized on your drawing since you haven't correctly labeled it. The radicle part was already there on the image. All you had to do is to insert the plumule part and state which part would turn into what. Or then maybe again, i haven't understood your drawing on the previous page. The red part is the radicle already present in the image and the black shaded part is the part you've added, innit? If this is the case, then you can be assured that you will certainly not be penalized.

Reaction score
Actually I only took the part coloured in red on my diagram... The upper part of it I labeled as plumule which grows into stem and the lower part of it I labeled as radicle which grows into root... From the diagram they gave the plumule was not clear. The part on the top of the red coloured part on my diagram was kind of unclear and unidentifiable which may have been the plumule. But it was not dark like in my diagram and was the same colour as the remaining part.

Anyway I only took this red coloured part, drew it, labeled it as I have said and did the magnification. It will not be wrong that the top most part of this red coloured one I labeled as plumule right... Even though it was the radicle only, still the plumule will be on top of it right... So now hope you understand what I did... Any ideas??? :)

Reaction score
If the correction is severe, you may lose up to 1 mark but again, it all depends on the examiner.
Keep your fingers crossed. :p

Reaction score
The central part. But if you have drawn the full image, you won't be penalized. You just had to insert the plumule(inside the seed) and the radicle was already there in the image. So, you just had to label them and state the changes that would occur. :)

Reaction score
No, it's not the smallest one. The thing that you're referring to is only a gap in the seedling. By 'central part', I'm trying to say..the second layer(pericarp); the one found in the middle. You got it?

Reaction score
I have drawn the same thing.. I know which part ur reffering to.. but still there is a confusion over this matter..

Reaction score
jazzangel16 said:
I have drawn the same thing.. I know which part ur reffering to.. but still there is a confusion over this matter..

i too drew the same part hopefully that is correct :)
dont worry :)

Reaction score
hey for the drawing, i drew the whole diagram including the epicarp and measured the length from the 2 extremeties of the epicarp to do my calculation? :s Do you think it is correct and wil i lose mark?