• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 61 ANSWERS ARE HERE!!!!!

Reaction score
Q1) (a) The cells in water gained water by osmosis down their water potential gradient and became turgid leading to firm cells. The cells in salt solution lost water by osmosis down their water potential gradient and became flaccid leading to soft and slimy cells. The cells in dry air did not gain/lose water (no osmosis/no net movement) as there was no water potential gradient.

(b) Improvements:
Repeat to reduce errors, use an accurate stop-watch, wider concentration of salts in salt solution and use surface area of leaf rather than it's length.

For the first part, Im pretty sure we didn't have to mention anything about the 3rd one since the question said to write what happened in the cells in which "Changes" took place.

Reaction score
u guys u know for the insect question last part they asked what group do the other to above classify into can u say invertebrates because one was an earth worm and the other was a centipede

Reaction score
Hey guys :) I wrote in the improvements, repeat,same lengths of leaves, same specy,same age Correct ?

Reaction score
u guys u know for the insect question last part they asked what group do the other to above classify into can u say invertebrates because one was an earth worm and the other was a centipede
It's annelides bro and there was 'Clitellum'!

Reaction score
For the high and low concentration i wrote that low conc takes more time to change it's colour as compared to the high conc. Is it correct?

Reaction score
For the first part, Im pretty sure we didn't have to mention anything about the 3rd one since the question said to write what happened in the cells in which "Changes" took place.
How about if for the improvements you say use a measuring cylinder to get accutate results, because an experiment is reliable only when it is accurate

Reaction score
How about if for the improvements you say use a measuring cylinder to get accutate results, because an experiment is reliable only when it is accurate

I wrote repeat the experiment, and increase the duration of the final period.

Reaction score
people for the improvements.... its dame easy... u can say keep the temperature constant since der r 2 strips in a solution.... and rather than jst comparing them by lookin at the shapes.... weight all three and based on there wights u can explain..... u can say repeat the experiment to get more visual results dats it

Reaction score
I hear some people saying that they heated the test for Proteins.. I didn't, so who's wrong?