• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

biology paper1 doubts!!!!!

Reaction score
Alsallam Alaikom Wrahmat Allah Wabarakatoh
Excuse me if anybody have done paper one from 1998 can u plz say how u have done:
in june 1998 Q18
in nov 1999 Q 8

Thanks in advance

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Waalaikum-as-salam-wa-rehmatullah-i-wa-barkatuh,
Nov 1999=>space X will contain the solution it is kept in,i.e.,the sugar solution in this case,this is because the cell wall is fully permeable which will allow any substance to pass through and since cell is plasmolysed the cell membrane is no more in its place so it is not there to prevent sugar sol. entering however it will not allow it to enter the cytolasm so we can say that sugar sol. may be present in the space X.Hope u understand!!
June 1998,if u can post the question,since that page is missing from the file i have so idont know the question!!

Reaction score
unfortunately me too,
Idonot have this page on the cpu .hope anyone have it .anyway thanx alot for ur help.Jazak Allah Kairan
everybody pray for us

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Wa eyakum,and dont u have the question in your pastpapers,just copy it down if possible!

Reaction score
niassu said:
Alsallam Alaikom Wrahmat Allah Wabarakatoh
Excuse me if anybody have done paper one from 1998 can u plz say how u have done:
in june 1998 Q18
in nov 1999 Q 8

Thanks in advance

For June 1998 Q18, the answer is (D) as it is the thinnest and with the largest surface area (due to its shape)
B is thin but with a lower surface area
A is thick with a low surface area
C is thick with a high surface area

Reaction score
yes thnx LoayTYS I have thought of this answer (D) but what confused me that the mark scheme was C but I think d is right as diffusion is faster if the distance was shorter ;)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
I dont have that question but i do have the answers , it says D :p

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
see the most dangerous will be the one which can kill the fish in the least amount so ans. is B cuz only 0.01 of dieldrin can kill 50% of the fish!!

Reaction score
u mean that other pesticides will kill faster but less amount of fish?!!!!
plz seealso q 27 june1999
Q17 2005 june(is it amino acids due as it goes to the growin parts i mean it needs to form proteins?)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
u mean that other pesticides will kill faster but less amount of fish?!!!!
I mean that just suppose that 0.01 amt. of all pesticides present but which will affect the fish is dieldrin while others will kill but not as many as dieldrin!
let me see the other questions!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
plz seealso q 27 june1999
It will be D cuz beforephotosynthesis the stored food will decrease as it supplies energy for germination,so the seed will grow and the carbohydrate content will decrease until the formation of leaves,(after which it will increase as they start to photosynthesize to make food)
Q17 2005 june(is it amino acids due as it goes to the growin parts i mean it needs to form proteins?)
remember aways that only sugars and aminoacids are translocated in the plant!!

Reaction score
oh yeah i forgot about that totally anyway thanx pal
Jazak Alla Kairan!!