• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

biology pp6 revision notes

Reaction score
thx a lot.. this really help me coz i learn all the biology by myself in only 3 months before tmr's exam ...never take biology in scl T^T
also no tuition teacher help me for the revision~ wish u good luck tmr!:p
Best of luck! :)

Reaction score
Can someone please throw some light on which minerals are required by the plants and state their deficiency?

Reaction score
Magnesium ions, responsible for the synthesis of chlorophyll, its deficiency : chlorosis - leaves gradually turns yellow from the bottom to the top, plant growth suffers !roots remain unchanged!

Nitrate ions, responsible for the synthesis of protein, which is used to make cytoplasm and enzymes, its deficiency : leaves at the top turns pale green, bottom leaves turn yellow !roots are weakened!

Reaction score
Can someone please throw some light on which minerals are required by the plants and state their deficiency?
Nitrates are needed that provide nitrogen to make proteins. Proteins are needed to make cell membrane, cytoplasm, enzymes and for growth and development. Its deficiency will lead to weak plants with weak stem and roots and leaves will not form properly.

Magnesium is needed for the synthesis of chlorophyll. Its deficiency will lead to less chlorophyll content leading to less photosynthesis which makes the plant look pale and slows down the growth of the plant.

Reaction score
1- Nitrogen is essential for healthy leaves and to make proteins
Deficiency: Slow growth.
2-Phosphorous is essential for for healthy roots
Deficiency: small leaves and stem.
3- Potassium is essential for production of flowers and fruits.
Deficiency: Edges of leaves are yellow.
and also magnesium is essential for chlorophyll :D
that is what remember :)

Reaction score
C'mon guys, how do you know what to put on x axis and y axis?
things which are constant like "time","concentration","temp" etc comes on the "y axis(standing line)" and sample like"leaves","different solution"etc come on the "x axis(sleeping line)" ..

Reaction score
Ppl when to plot a straight line graph, bar graph and a column graph?

Reaction score
i
Ppl when to plot a straight line graph, bar graph and a column graph?
if the question ask to plot a graph of ONE sample over a period of time eg(plot a graph of the time taken by a seed to germinate)in the question like this u should use line graph.if the question asks u to make a graph of many sample eg(plot the graph of five seeds in a salt solution )in these type of questions make a bar chart.