• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology practical

Reaction score
im repeating AS bio this tuesday as well and what ive seen is they always give us the steps in part 1 in which the experiment should be carried
follow those correctly and ull be able to ace it InshAllah.
for part 2 which is microscopy i suggest u luk thru the diff plant tissues such as xerophytes and normal mesophyll layer,the vascular bundles,root cells and animal tissues such as the respiratory section ,liver cells,the artery and vein
learn the labelling and remembr if dey ask u to draw a plan diagram NO CELLS jst relative differences in thicknesses.
oh yes and go thru food tests jst in case
all the best :)

Reaction score
im repeating AS bio this tuesday as well and what ive seen is they always give us the steps in part 1 in which the experiment should be carried
follow those correctly and ull be able to ace it InshAllah.
for part 2 which is microscopy i suggest u luk thru the diff plant tissues such as xerophytes and normal mesophyll layer,the vascular bundles,root cells and animal tissues such as the respiratory section ,liver cells,the artery and vein
learn the labelling and remembr if dey ask u to draw a plan diagram NO CELLS jst relative differences in thicknesses.
oh yes and go thru food tests jst in case
all the best :)

thank you; but i didnt understand what do yu mean by no cells?
thank yu yu too x

Reaction score
No cells meaning for eg in the paper M/J 2007 paper 31
they gave us a a slide of the transverse section of the leaf and asked us to draw a plan diagram
as you know the leaf has a cuticle then epidermis then mesophyll layer and so on.
you must show the distribution of tissues i.e dont draw any palisade cells or spongy cells
Jst show the LAYERS of tissues nthg more than that

Reaction score
No cells meaning for eg in the paper M/J 2007 paper 31
they gave us a a slide of the transverse section of the leaf and asked us to draw a plan diagram
as you know the leaf has a cuticle then epidermis then mesophyll layer and so on.
you must show the distribution of tissues i.e dont draw any palisade cells or spongy cells
Jst show the LAYERS of tissues nthg more than that
thank you so much
i appreciate it

Reaction score
how do you tell the difference between tissues? especially xylem and phloem. And what exactly is vascular bundle? Is it the combination of xylem and phloem?

Reaction score
vascular bundles are the combination of xylem and phloem.
xylem vessels r empty tubes in the stem bcuz dey carry water and salts and are continous cells together no cells walls or anything
bt phloem have cells packed with mitochondria and sieve elements have sieve plates b/t cells so you have distinguish easily.

Reaction score
Sorry typo what i meant was cell plates ..its like a long pipe within the stem
thanks for pointing that out :)