• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BIOLOGY QUESTIONs...POST ALL QUESTIONS HERE

Reaction score
Soulgamer said:
Need Urgent Help!! MCQ.28 :eek:

http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridg ... _qp_12.pdf

A detailed answer would be highly appreciated. :good:
The correct answer is A. Here you should know that the phenotype (green leaves or cream leaves) of an organism is the result of its genes and the effects of its environment. In the dark, the seedling will not be able to photosynthesise, so it does not develop any green leaves. Did this help?

Reaction score
abcde said:
Soulgamer said:
Need Urgent Help!! MCQ.28 :eek:

http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridg ... _qp_12.pdf

A detailed answer would be highly appreciated. :good:
The correct answer is A. Here you should know that the phenotype (green leaves or cream leaves) of an organism is the result of its genes and the effects of its environment. In the dark, the seedling will not be able to photosynthesise, so it does not develop any green leaves. Did this help?

Thanks man! :beer:

Reaction score
Silent Hunter said:
http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridge%20O%20Levels/5090%20-%20Biology/5090_s06_qp_1.pdf

32??
The correct answer is A. For this MCQ, you have to know that sewage itself contains large amounts of organic matter. So the concentration of organic matter will be lowest before sewage outflow into the river (station 1) and also as the distance from the outflow point increases (station 5) because the organic matter is decomposed by bacteria in the river, which eventually results in the lowest organic matter concentration away from the outflow point. Clear?

Reaction score
Silent Hunter said:
thanks..............and what about http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridg ... 7_qp_1.pdf

question 18
One point I forgot to mention is that the organic matter mainly consists of nitrogen compounds (this may be tested in other MCQs).
Coming towards this paper, you should recall that the concentrations (by volume) of CO2 in inspired and expired air are 0.04% and 4.00%, respectively. (so A and D are automatically out of the option). Then this: when the person breathes in, inspired air enters through Q and when he breathes out, expired air leaves at P. So C will be correct. Does it match the mark scheme?
You're welcome. :)

Reaction score
Although, I dont have bio but I will try my level best to get merchant's guess paper of Bio and provide it here... His atp's guess was 100% correct...!!

Reaction score
Silent Hunter said:
but when he breathes in y not the inspired air enters through P? Y THROUGH Q?
When he breathes out, the expired air goes through tube P and enters the limewater since it is immersed in it. It also enters the second test tube but the delivery tube doesn't make the carbon dioxide dissolve in the lime water since it is not immersed in it.
When he breathes in, inspired air enters through tube Q. In the other test tube (the P one), breathing in gently would would only make the limewater enter tube P by very less amount. (check how each tube is immersed in the limewater).

Reaction score
ONE GENERAL QUESTION : HOW TO DO SECTION B QUESTIONS? MARKING SCHEMES GIVE MANY POINTS ANSWERS .... DO WE GET FULL MARKS BY WRITING 6 POINTS FOR 6 MARK QUESTION AND 5 POINTS FOR 5 MARK QUESTION .......................OR ANY OTHER TECHNIQUE?

Reaction score
Yes, exactly. If it's a 6 mark question, your answer must have 6 valid and correct points to score full.

Reaction score
Please please please please please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please try to get the guess paper usman. We all will be more than thankful to you.
Look I have thanked you in advance.

Reaction score
Silent Hunter said:
ONE GENERAL QUESTION : HOW TO DO SECTION B QUESTIONS? MARKING SCHEMES GIVE MANY POINTS ANSWERS .... DO WE GET FULL MARKS BY WRITING 6 POINTS FOR 6 MARK QUESTION AND 5 POINTS FOR 5 MARK QUESTION .......................OR ANY OTHER TECHNIQUE?
yes u will get marks if u write in point form

Reaction score
princesszahra said:
Silent Hunter said:

But its not advised. :p

Reaction score
Soulgamer said:
princesszahra said:
Silent Hunter said:

But its not advised. :p

but then whats the EXACT METHOD?

Reaction score
When you attempt a section B question, Take a rough sheet and make points and number them....Get at least more points than the number allocated for the question. Then attempt the question elaborating each point.1 point = 1-2 lines is ok , depends on the question.

Reaction score
sorry............what i meant by points was that I WRITE IN PARA FORM BUT M TALKING ABOUT THE POINTS IN THE PARAGRAPHS.....

Reaction score
hey guys
its on the datesheet that mcq and theory are together
are they taken one by one
or with a 15 min gap
or both given at on tym...!?

Reaction score
Silent Hunter said:
sorry............what i meant by points was that I WRITE IN PARA FORM BUT M TALKING ABOUT THE POINTS IN THE PARAGRAPHS.....
Yes, write in paragraphs! 6 marks=> make 6 points. What's the fuss about?