• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Unit 5 17th June 6BIO5

Reaction score
i wrote the presynaptic and post synaptic and vesicles and release eugenol which cause chlorine atoms to be released and axon membrane is impermeable to sodium ions hence the inside is hyperpolarised so no depolarisation and no action potential trigerred
Where did chlorine come from?? :confused:

Reaction score
i remember seeing a question like that in a mark scheme before and it had chlorine so i wrote it :p hope it is correct :)
The question was on eugenol and how it affects calcium ions movement, what you are talking about happens with a neurotransmitter which causes an inhibitory response, but for that to happen calcium ions still have to move in the presynaptic membrane. Eugenol causes a decrease in calcium ion movement in the Pre synaptic membrane.

Reaction score
The question was on eugenol and how it affects calcium ions movement, what you are talking about happens with a neurotransmitter which causes an inhibitory response, but for that to happen calcium ions still have to move in the presynaptic membrane. Eugenol causes a decrease in calcium ion movement in the Pre synaptic membrane.
Thts right.:)

Reaction score

so what is the answer?

Reaction score
Calcium ion movement in the presynaptic membrane is decreased or inhibited, thus less neurotransmitter released, bla,bla,bla, less likely for action potential to occur in post synaptic membrane.
so what is the answer?

Reaction score
Calcium ion movement in the presynaptic membrane is decreased or inhibited, thus less neurotransmitter released, bla,bla,bla, less likely for action potential to occur in post synaptic membrane.

thats exactly what i wrote i only added the part about chlorine

Reaction score
the ppr was easy...so get ready,,cuz the grade boundaries r gonna b extremely high...the examiners dont want to see us happy..remember that..:mad: