• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BIOLOGY URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum!
I have an exam ...so plz give me the differences between replication and translation...i need to know urgently :)

Reaction score
Walaikumusalam.
Replication of the DNA is the splitting up of the double helix DNA molecule.
1) this is done by breaking the hydrogrn bonds between the 2 bases by helicase enzyme.
2) the free nucleotides in the nucleoplasm join together and form a sugar-phosphate backbone. this forms a strand of DNA.
3) these new stands form complementary base pairing with the old strand.

so 2 new DNA molecules are made, each with one old strand and 1 new strand (semi conservative replication)

DNA replication takes place inside the nucleus, in the interphase part of the cell cycle.

Translation occurs after transcription. occurs in the cytoplasm outside the nucleus.
where the tRNA is attached to the large subunit while the mRNA is attached to the small subunit.
there is complementary base pairing between the codon and anticodon.
peptide bond is formed between 2 amino acids of tRNA molecule. information from the mRNA is translated onto the polypeptide.

Reaction score
Simply the division of DNA molecule at inter phase is replication whereas the formation of protein molecules on the basis of DNA coding is translation.